Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Nava, Jan 28, 2011.

1. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Not that I know of, some are just crazy slow to feather while others are fast. Maybe Jean or Vicky or Jennifer can weigh in on the feather growth rate?

2. Jenifer Kraus

Jenifer Kraus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas

3. cjexotic

cjexotic Cj's Mandarin Ducks

Mar 11, 2008
    Central PA
    when do the beaks and feet start turning the orange color? I have a white (possibly a splash) that's beak and feet are pale. No real color. And she is almost 3 months old.

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Thanks Jenifer! That's what I thought. I hope at least he has a little curl on the back.

cjexotic- it sounds like a deficiency. Mine usually start turning around 4 weeks, I think. Well- I have 6 week olds with orange bills anyway, and they have been for a while. Try boosting the amount of greens it gets .

5. cjexotic

Mar 11, 2008
    Central PA
    Thanks. I give them a big tub of greens twice a day and they are out to graze when I get home from work for about 3 hours.
    Can a niacin def. cause this also? I have 3 goslings and the others are fine. but one is giving me fits. Thanks cj

6. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Is it the same color seb? I wonder if that would make a difference. Seems like my goslings that have dark bills at hatch take a little longer to turn orange.
    Wouldn't hurt to supplement niacin. Try some shredded carrots- lol! I didn't think my geese would like them, but I have one that steals them from the donkeys and I find solid orange goose poops.

7. cjexotic

Mar 11, 2008
    Central PA
    Is carrots full of niacin? I bought niacin tablets and gels but they are so hard to get to dissolve. She is a splash.

8. phoebs

phoebs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2012
    tamworth (Australia)
    may i just say these are such cute pictures such a cute goose

9. phoebs

phoebs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2012
    tamworth (Australia)
    ooooo these are adorable!!

10. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Little Fabio passed yesterday afternoon about 4:25 pm while snuggling with me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by