Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

when do the beaks and feet start turning the orange color? I have a white (possibly a splash) that's beak and feet are pale. No real color. And she is almost 3 months old.

Thanks Jenifer! That's what I thought. I hope at least he has a little curl on the back.

cjexotic- it sounds like a deficiency. Mine usually start turning around 4 weeks, I think. Well- I have 6 week olds with orange bills anyway, and they have been for a while. Try boosting the amount of greens it gets .

Thanks. I give them a big tub of greens twice a day and they are out to graze when I get home from work for about 3 hours.
Can a niacin def. cause this also? I have 3 goslings and the others are fine. but one is giving me fits. Thanks cj

Is it the same color seb? I wonder if that would make a difference. Seems like my goslings that have dark bills at hatch take a little longer to turn orange.
Wouldn't hurt to supplement niacin. Try some shredded carrots- lol! I didn't think my geese would like them, but I have one that steals them from the donkeys and I find solid orange goose poops.

Is it the same color seb? I wonder if that would make a difference. Seems like my goslings that have dark bills at hatch take a little longer to turn orange.
Wouldn't hurt to supplement niacin. Try some shredded carrots- lol! I didn't think my geese would like them, but I have one that steals them from the donkeys and I find solid orange goose poops.

Is carrots full of niacin? I bought niacin tablets and gels but they are so hard to get to dissolve. She is a splash.

Back
Top Bottom