Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

I think we might have to get one. It is back on now:) I also have ducklings and quail under a heat lamp and both incubators are full of eggs. I was trying to think of a way to keep everything warm. It's snowing and really bad outside right now.

I think we might have to get one. It is back on now:) I also have ducklings and quail under a heat lamp and both incubators are full of eggs. I was trying to think of a way to keep everything warm. It's snowing and really bad outside right now.

YEAH... yes it pays to have one.

If you have a gas stove... you could heat water.     I recently sold some chicks to a very nice lady that drove from CT to northern NH to get them.... I took a box with shavings... Put anempty plastic coffee ground container in the corner .... Put ziplock bag filled with hot water in empty coffee container.  Something like this.. or a hot water bottle might help hold the heat without raising the humidity.  good luck... and yes we bought a genny too for outtages

Thank you! I hadn't thought about the gas stove. We will try that if it happens again.

I hope you are all keeping your babies (hatched or not) warm! We had a windstorm yesterday as well, and my hubby got out the generator and set it all up for me. If you only have a few babies you stuff them in your shirt, but lots of babies and eggs wont fit. LOL!
Jen 85, are you babies okay now?

I candled my goose eggs and 4/8 are growing! The majority of my geese are first year layers, so there are lots of "pullet eggs". I talk to the eggs that are growing now, because they are like goslings already. YAY! I put 14 more eggs in too.

Spring is so much fun!

Am I the only one still waiting on eggs?
hu.gif
A couple of mine have been inspecting their nest boxes, but that's about it!

Back
Top Bottom