Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about you, but I definitely don't want to distract my gander from breeding! It's just one of those things that comes with the territory!

maybe we can make breeding helmets for the girls
tongue.png

I put an egg auction up yesterday, and I noticed after the fact that I have a partially bald goose in one of the pictures. Poor ladies. Not the time of year for photo ops, that's for sure!

Hey all, this is my first real year separating the geese and getting serious about hatching. I have a trio of white sebs and both geese have bald spots on their heads. Should I worry? They have little red spots on the skin, like he is grabbing them to breed, but no open wounds. Is this normal? I think this gander is pretty diligent in his breeding. All the eggs from this pen are fertile!
My grey Seb girl has a semi-bald neck as well. Poor baby, I think it's normal during the breeding season.
Do you know if there is anything we can do to help them? Like distract the gander? They have plenty of space and a pool to play in...

I put an egg auction up yesterday, and I noticed after the fact that I have a partially bald goose in one of the pictures. Poor ladies. Not the time of year for photo ops, that's for sure!
Going to check out your auction..

~ Aspen

OK- last year I offered sebbie eggs to several individuals for trades. Then I had planned on getting rid of the sebbies due to health reasons. I am sure ya'll have noticed that it didn't happen and I have a small flock. The first eggs were laid on Sunday. Once fertility is confirmed and laying is regular, those people I promised eggs to will be getting them. I have contacted 3 people but can't remember if there was anyone else. These conversations were in Aug of last year. If I have not contacted you AND should have...please PM me so I can send you some.

Let's see.

Sebastopol - (6 females/5 males) 11 total - No eggs yet
American Lavenders, Blue, Buff (5 females/4 males) 9 total - No eggs yet
Shetland - (1 female/1 male) 2 total - No eggs yet
Africans - 5 total (3 females/2 males) - No eggs yet
Pilgrims - (3 females/1male) 4 total - No eggs yet

I don't even have anyone looking at the nests yet.

th.gif

Let's see.

Sebastopol - (6 females/5 males) 11 total - No eggs yet
American Lavenders, Blue, Buff (5 females/4 males) 9 total - No eggs yet
Shetland - (1 female/1 male) 2 total - No eggs yet
Africans - 5 total (3 females/2 males) - No eggs yet
Pilgrims - (3 females/1male) 4 total - No eggs yet

I don't even have anyone looking at the nests yet.

th.gif
No eggs here yet either
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom