Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Has any one used Purina flock raiser for geese? I am feed ing Mazuri and oats right now, but it its very pricey. So i wondered about the Purina?
I have and wont ever again. Poor feather quality, poor body weight. Tooks us 3 months to recvoer the geese from making the mistake of feeding them FR after using Mazuri only with whole grains

I use flock raiser with a touch of brewers yeast for the hatchlings. The adults I use about 1/3 layer crumble and 2/3 whole grains (game feed), plus Red Cell. The flock raiser is too expensive and powdery to use for my adults- it just goes to waste with them.

what is red cell?
It's a supplement used for horses. I've never heard of giving it to birds. It has a lot of iron in it (thus the name).

http://www.smartpakequine.com/red-cell-1527p.aspx

Palatable yucca-flavored Vitamin-Iron-Mineral supplement for horses formulated to provide supplemental vitamins and minerals that may be lacking or are in insufficient quantities in a horse's regular feed. • The "industry standard" vitamin-mineral supplement for fueling champion horses • Contains 300 mg. of chelated iron per ounce • Potent, reliable and homogenized for maximum consistency • Yucca flavoring for added palatability • Contains no beef product ingredients.

Other Ingredients

Water, Ferric Sulfate, Ammonium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Choline Chloride, Zinc Sulfate, Sorbitol, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Vitamin E supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, D-activated Animal Sterol irradiated (soruce of Vitamin D-3), Copper Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Saccharin Sodium, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Cobalt Sulfate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfate complex, Sodium Benzoate (a preservative), Niacinamide, Sodium Bicarbonate, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Kelp Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Artificial Cherry Flavoring, FD&C Red #40 and Potassium Sorbate (a preservative).

Last edited:
Update! One of the two squashed goslings died this morning. Not sure about the other one if it will survive. It's just laying there. Alive but not walking around much. How fast do they get up and walk around? This is our first gosling hatch. So I took 3 eggs from Lillian and stuck them in the incubator. One is zipping and the other two have piped! The egg under Lillian has not piped. :(
I don't know know if that one is even alive.
BUT I'm so excited that *hopefully* I will have three goslings! Ill probably just raise them. I REALLY didn't want to raise baby WF again but looks like I might have to. Ill post pics when they hatch.

Update! One of the two squashed goslings died this morning. Not sure about the other one if it will survive. It's just laying there. Alive but not walking around much. How fast do they get up and walk around? This is our first gosling hatch. So I took 3 eggs from Lillian and stuck them in the incubator. One is zipping and the other two have piped! The egg under Lillian has not piped.
sad.png

BUT I'm so excited that *hopefully* I will have three goslings! Ill probably just raise them. I REALLY didn't want to raise baby WF again but looks like I might have to. Ill post pics when they hatch.
Sounds like you are doing the best you can! Good job! Yes the waterfowl are very messy to brood. My favorite place to brood them is in the bathtub, that way I pick up the towel, food and water and wash the yuck down the drain! Good luck!

Update! One of the two squashed goslings died this morning. Not sure about the other one if it will survive. It's just laying there. Alive but not walking around much. How fast do they get up and walk around? This is our first gosling hatch. So I took 3 eggs from Lillian and stuck them in the incubator. One is zipping and the other two have piped! The egg under Lillian has not piped.
sad.png

They might take them whenb they are a week+ old and stronger, mine adopted a 2 month old gosling that wasn't even theirs last year

Back
Top Bottom