Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Just a little update. The little gosling that was stepped on his doing great! We didn't think he would survive but he is fine now! We named him Henry. We love him so much already!
So three of the eggs in the incubator hatched. The one under Lillian did not but I didn't think it was alive anyway. So I have 4 adorable goslings! I tried to give two to Lillian and she did great! I sat in her pen for a few hours but Sebastain walked over and pecked the gosling real hard. So I took them back. They are in the house under a heat lamp for now. My plan is to brood them for a few days until they are strong then remove Sebastian. Hopefully she won't flip (they are never away from each other). I'm surprised he did that since he was very protective of the eggs when she was sitting.
I have called Sherry (Daze333) a few times to ask questions and she has been very helpful (thanks Sherry!)

This is a short video of Lillian and one of her goslings

Anyway here are some pics.

Henry is the one with the blood on his beak

This one just hatched. I'm a little worried about his legs so in going to keep an eye on him
How cute!!!! I'm still waiting on mine, 2 growing,

poly visol (NO IRON) found at all cvs, walgreens, walmart ect (baby section). 1 drop by mouth 3 times a day, plus some added to the water until it has resolved itself

Barb...............tooooooooooooooooo cute, OMG at the cuteness
Sherry called so I ran down and picked some up. If I add a few drops to the water is it ok for the others to drink it? All 4 are in the same brooder.

I put 3 or 4 drops in the water bowl for all the goslings, as well as giving the wry neck a drop or two by mouth. I think it just gives them a little vitamins. You are totally welcome. I am glad I could help!

Trudigal thank you and the colors are 2 lavender 1 maybe a lavender saddleback, a blue, several whites and a grey saddleback. I have a varitey of sebastopol colors.

Thank you Celtic I am thrilled to have all those colors at one time.

Trudigal thank you and the colors are 2 lavender 1 maybe a lavender saddleback, a blue, several whites and a grey saddleback. I have a varitey of sebastopol colors.

Thank you Celtic I am thrilled to have all those colors at one time.
Oh they are sooo cute! Congrats!

I hope to see more colors like that in future hatches. So far the few I have are dark. (Not that I don't love on them all day regardless!)

Darn it! I have one goose setting on 6 eggs (that are due on Easter) and one goose that is likes to help the first goose raise her broods, but is not a very good broody herself. They were fighting over the eggs today and broke one. Lost a little gosling....
he.gif
I locked her up now so they cannot do it again.
Awe. Well now they can only yell at each other from a far. Best of luck with the others!

Back
Top Bottom