Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Hi all! I have 4 seb goslings and would like some advice from you experts! They are all from white parents. But I have gotten splash babies out of these guys before.

Here is a cute shot of all 4. There is a really dark one that I would like to keep. It is all the way to the left in the first photo.

Here is the dark one. It has darkness on it's bill near the head. Any guesses as to what color this is?

Closer shot.

Here is an above shot of all 4. Can you guess the sexes? It looks like 3 darker ones and 1 light to me.

Could I be so lucky?

Hi all! I have 4 seb goslings and would like some advice from you experts! They are all from white parents. But I have gotten splash babies out of these guys before.

Here is a cute shot of all 4. There is a really dark one that I would like to keep. It is all the way to the left in the first photo.

Here is the dark one. It has darkness on it's bill near the head. Any guesses as to what color this is?

Closer shot.

Here is an above shot of all 4. Can you guess the sexes? It looks like 3 darker ones and 1 light to me.

Could I be so lucky?
umm well the dark one in my group last yr... turns out to be a boy .. that's ok... because we did get one girl :) out of the 3 that survived... I lost one due to an accident. We will never know what sex that one was. They sure are cute anyway :)

Help! I had an very foul egg explode in my incubator and contaminate the water tray! It was a gosling that quit, and I guess I had mistaken gasses for movement when candled last. I have 5 clearly viable eggs with nice veining in there! Are they doomed? I am washing and sterilizing the incubator, and the eggs were washed in water warmer then them to remove any contamination and temporarily have them in another incubator that is super full - I tried to limit the "washing" to the areas that were in contact with the wire, and the water was definitely warmer then the eggs.

The tray, wire, and foam base, all have been scrubbed with antibacterial soap, and run through the dishwasher (alone) with no soap to be sterilized. (it gets hot enough to sterilize jars for canning so I tried it a few years ago, been cleaning foam bators in it ever since) I will also spray w/ alcohol and allow to air dry (again have done this for years) and do the same for the foam top which appears to have been spared any contact... is there anything else I should do besides bringing the bator up to temp (Hovabator Genesis so no troubles there) and candling the eggs to make sure their embryos are still kicking before putting them back in?

Last edited:
Help! I had an very foul egg explode in my incubator and contaminate the water tray! It was a gosling that quit, and I guess I had mistaken gasses for movement when candled last. I have 5 clearly viable eggs with nice veining in there! Are they doomed? I am washing and sterilizing the incubator, and the eggs were washed in water warmer then them to remove any contamination and temporarily have them in another incubator that is super full - I tried to limit the "washing" to the areas that were in contact with the wire, and the water was definitely warmer then the eggs.

The tray, wire, and foam base, all have been scrubbed with antibacterial soap, and run through the dishwasher (alone) with no soap to be sterilized. (it gets hot enough to sterilize jars for canning so I tried it a few years ago, been cleaning foam bators in it ever since) I will also spray w/ alcohol and allow to air dry (again have done this for years) and do the same for the foam top which appears to have been spared any contact... is there anything else I should do besides bringing the bator up to temp (Hovabator Genesis so no troubles there) and candling the eggs to make sure their embryos are still kicking before putting them back in?
I have very limited experience, but sounds like everything I would have done and more!

I love them all!!! I wish we lived closer! I would buy one from you. Cuteness overload!!!
Hi all! I have 4 seb goslings and would like some advice from you experts! They are all from white parents. But I have gotten splash babies out of these guys before. Here is a cute shot of all 4. There is a really dark one that I would like to keep. It is all the way to the left in the first photo. Here is the dark one. It has darkness on it's bill near the head. Any guesses as to what color this is? Closer shot. Here is an above shot of all 4. Can you guess the sexes? It looks like 3 darker ones and 1 light to me. Could I be so lucky?

Just wanted to give you an update. We lost 2 out of the 4 goslings on Saturday. We lost the one with wry neck and also another one. The one that didn't have wry neck it was never as strong as the others. I took both of them to the poultry lab today to find out why they died but the doctor told me that most 1st time layers don't do a good job and their goslings tend to not be heathy. He said next year it should be better. So now we have 2. Henry and Vine. Vine is healthy but Henry isn't doing well. He was one if the ones that Lillian stepped on and I helped saved it. His bill is shorter on the top than the bottom so he has a hard time eating. I scrambled up some duck eggs and his crumble and mixed it. I also called Sherry and she told me to put his feed in water and make a soup so its easier for him. I have called her a bunch of times and she has been so helpful and fun to talk to (thanks Sherry!). Oh and when Lillian stepped on him when he was hatching she damaged his bill. I noticed today he breathes heavier than Vine. I am soooo attached to him. I will be so sad if something happens to him. I'm fighting for him. The guy at the lab said I should just put him down. :( I won't unless their comes a time and he is suffering. This is a video I took of Vine and Henry yesterday
This is Henry

Back
Top Bottom