Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Many sebbie girls are very good sitters, and incubating and hatching goose eggs takes practice and patience to get just the right tweaks down for your set up to get a successful hatch

yeah... I let them do the big part of incubation now and just bring them in to hatch out. They either get them back when the goslings are a week old, or I let them go back to laying. Seems to work much better that way

Willow Hatching the last three goslings for this year yesterday she stood up long enough for me to get a pic,. Winnie and Willow did good for their first year! I had 19 goslings out of 26 eggs, Winnie loves all of the babies so much he really, likes taking care of them. I let the ones i hatched out in the back with him for a while in the evening, he gets so excited he trumpets really loud and seems so happy to have them.
Willow has lost weight while sitting anything special I should feed her to help her gain it back now that he babies have hatched?
So cute!

now I got to find out more about Holderreed or some thing like that, the breeder, have any of you heard of that name?

Dave Holderread, He is the author of a few books on ducks and geese and the owner of Holderread Waterfowl Farm and Preservation Center. They have been doing this for over forty years and you would do well to get good stock from them. I do not breed Sebbies, but they are beautiful. I have heard they are hard to breed, is that true? Holderread is PO Box 492, Corvallis, Oregon 97339.
(503) 929-5338. They are very reputable people. He authors The Book of Geese a Complete Guide to Raising the Home Flock and A Complete Guide to Raising the Home Duck Flock. I go by much of the information in his books and the books by Chris Ashton in the UK. I am planning to get some show stock from Holderread.

The Holderreads do NOT breed Sebastopols anymore. They sold them all out. So you will have to look for people who breed sebbies. I breed them but all goslings are sold and gone.

Beautiful Sebastopol Geese everyone! I have not been on here for a LONG TIME so I had a lot of reading to do LOL I love looking at all the pictures of all the Geese. I have recently decided to sell all my birds including my Sebastopol Geese.

CletiOaks, How is Gwen doing? I miss having her here!!

Last edited:
Beautiful Sebastopol Geese everyone! I have not been on here for a LONG TIME so I had a lot of reading to do LOL I love looking at all the pictures of all the Geese. I have recently decided to sell all my birds including my Sebastopol Geese.

CletiOaks, How is Gwen doing? I miss having her here!!

You have beautiful birds! I would be interested in knowing more about them, especially the grays!

Hey Audrey- your contact info vanished just as I got a call for goslings that I do not have. If you PM me I can give you the lady's number. Or anybody for that matter. Will need shipped to WI, I am guessing.

Back
Top Bottom