Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, yes I tied the door open.
Mr. Goose launched an attack on me twice today. Of course I flapped my wings and growled!
yuckyuck.gif

I use big dog kennels and my husband has made me some nest boxes with a floor so they do not sit on the ground. Because geese make their nest and burrow to the bottom to lay the eggs. Then build the nest around in a big high circle.. Boy can they make some big high nest with lots of hay...
Can you share pics sometime of your boxes?

Hi to all
I am new to The sebbie breed but not to geese as pets.
My dewlaps are not aggressive during breeding season (March) but I find my sebbies are acting as if they are breeding...
The ganders are aggressive, nipping and hissing showing very poor social behavior;)
I have a shed full of hay but to date no eggs that I can find.
When do the sebbs usually start to lay? Do I need to put out the pool for them? My dewlaps need water for breeding but the weather here is very cold! Any suggestions/info appreciate!

Hi to all
I am new to The sebbie breed but not to geese as pets.
My dewlaps are not aggressive during breeding season (March) but I find my sebbies are acting as if they are breeding...
The ganders are aggressive, nipping and hissing showing very poor social behavior;)
I have a shed full of hay but to date no eggs that I can find.
When do the sebbs usually start to lay? Do I need to put out the pool for them? My dewlaps need water for breeding but the weather here is very cold! Any suggestions/info appreciate!
I always give my geese kiddie pools. They usually breed in or near them. Sometimes they freeze. I find my sebs start breeding behavior about Jan 15th and start to lay around feb 14th. Good luck!

My 8 month old sebastopol gander is starting to mate, but my goose is scared of him.

I don't know what to do... I'd like for them to breed, but if my goose is scared of him, I don't want to force her to be with him. Will they get over this? Or do I need to separate them?

They are the only geese I have. They got along fine until he started trying to mate her.

My 8 month old sebastopol gander is starting to mate, but my goose is scared of him.

I don't know what to do... I'd like for them to breed, but if my goose is scared of him, I don't want to force her to be with him. Will they get over this? Or do I need to separate them?

They are the only geese I have. They got along fine until he started trying to mate her.
If you are sure your girl is indeed a girl, they will get over it. It is like a hen getting bred for the first time, they don't like it. But after a while they don't seem to mind it so much. If your "girl" is very adamant about not being bred, it may be a boy.
sad.png

As for the breeding ducks, I separate my geese during breeding season.

Back
Top Bottom