Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

This has got to be the worst yr for birds not feeling well.... I just got a message from a very sweet lady....

Irene one of my 3 sebastopol geese is acting sluggish and actually act blind. The other 2 act normal. This morning when I went in to feed he just sat there the other 2 running around and honking away. I walked over and he didn't move or say a word until I touched and picked him up. I put him in the feed room . Earlier I went to check on him, he was just sitting there and didn't make a sound until I picked him up.when I put him down he walked into the wall . I waved my hand in his face ,he didn't see it . I put his beak in the water and he drank a lot, and he is eating. Do you know what is wrong and what I should do?

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong and what to try??

I was hoping someone had a pattern for making sebbies a diaper pattern. I wabt to incubate them and raise them in the house. If anyone is in need of a chicken diaper pattern I have that. I can use one from start to grown up so anyones help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I read there are places the buckel should not be because it would just her oil gland. If anyone could point that out to me I would greatly appeciae it also. Pls help me w/ a diaper pattern please Thank you

Josie I read through the thread from prior to Thanksgiving hoping for more updates on the treatments with Koi meds for foot issues. I have had Sebs three years. I have one with a foot issue now and am not sure what I want to do. Lots of friends with medical and even veterinarian advice and most say soak it and then possibly remove the scab and express the cottage cheese like 'ew' in it. It has capsulized-- was just from a small cut on top of the foot behind the nail, but its been sitting for a while. All that cold weather had their feet up in their feathers anyway and I didn't catch it till today. [Shame me later please. I am still kicking myself right now.] She is on clean bedding in a kennel for now with her own food and water. Water has acv and molasses. Fresh foods with a little garlic. I know. Its little but it makes ME feel better to do it. Any updates?
Quick shout out to G&F, Ruru and Shelly; Hi girls! I subscribed.

Josie I read through the thread from prior to Thanksgiving hoping for more updates on the treatments with Koi meds for foot issues.  I have had Sebs three years.  I have one with a foot issue now and am not sure what I want to do.  Lots of friends with medical and even veterinarian advice and most say soak it and then possibly remove the scab and express the cottage cheese like 'ew' in it.  It has capsulized-- was just from a small cut on top of the foot behind the nail, but its been sitting for a while.  All that cold weather had their feet up in their feathers anyway and I didn't catch it till today.  [Shame me later please.  I am still kicking myself right now.]  She is on clean bedding in a kennel for now with her own food and water.  Water has acv and molasses.  Fresh foods with a little garlic.  I know.  Its little but it makes ME feel better to do it.  Any updates?
Quick shout out to G&F, Ruru and Shelly; Hi girls!  I subscribed.

Ash, how much molasses do you put out for her or him? Is it in their pail of water? Or could it be mixed w/ their crumble or pellets along w/ their veg.s & garlic? 8

Sorry I don't follow this thread closely because the thread subscription that is suppose to alert with every reply only comes through once in awhile so not sure whats going on but...
I preformed Bumblefoot surgery this winter and its really quite simple and the bird recovered swiftly.
You don't have to go through a lot of time consuming, fussy soaking, poultices, potions or whatever.
Are you a member of the Seb forum?
You can see details on how I did it on page 5 of the Bumblefoot thread in the Sickness & Injuries forum.
If not I can copy and paste it here.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom