Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Better than I had hoped for. I was worried it was a sprain and that its likely to take forever to heal and then mating season would be near its end. :[

I have suddenly had a 'bump' in the road. My one Seb gander has a limp. He isn't walking much at all and when he doe she limps. I inspected him today when he was let out and I discovered this new development. Obviously without working legs he isn't climbing on females soooo my breeding plans might be ... well, how do we say this without attitude or puns?? Ah! Spoiled.
I don't know, I've never met a male who can't do the job cause he injured a leg!

I don't know, I've never met a male who can't do the job cause he injured a leg!

LOL... thanks. He seems a little less lame today and the pools are out and finally not freezing. There's more hissing and bodily confusion going on out there so I might see eggs this month. I bought a second bator just for use as a hatcher so now I can at least move some of the chicken eggs over and not have to stay up worrying about them in the night. Goslings I think I'll worry over no matter what.

Boy these babies grow so fast!

Have to share one more pic
big_smile.png
(can you tell I'm proud grandma lol)

Momma and daddy taking baby to the pool for the first time. My Lucy was very tempted but stayed close to her baby...what a great mamma!

After daddy was done with his bath he jumped out running across the yard honking and baby and momma followed suit lol. Watching that adorable little baby run across the yard with it's teeny tiny wings spread out will just melt your heart
love.gif

big_smile.png

Momma and daddy taking baby to the pool for the first time. My Lucy was very tempted but stayed close to her baby...what a great mamma!

After daddy was done with his bath he jumped out running across the yard honking and baby and momma followed suit lol. Watching that adorable little baby run across the yard with it's teeny tiny wings spread out will just melt your heart
love.gif

What an adorable pic..
love.gif

I need some help from the color experts....I have 2 lavendar seb girls (and one blue/white) in with my white male. Will all my kids from the lavs be white, but carry lav? I might remember reading that in geese, males won't carry lav without showing it, but is lav in geese the same as in chickens? Do I have to have both parents lav in order to get lav babies? I want a lav male but it might be too late for this seasons hatching.

I need some help from the color experts....I have 2 lavendar seb girls (and one blue/white) in with my white male. Will all my kids from the lavs be white, but carry lav? I might remember reading that in geese, males won't carry lav without showing it, but is lav in geese the same as in chickens? Do I have to have both parents lav in order to get lav babies? I want a lav male but it might be too late for this seasons hatching.
In chickens, you would not breed lavendar to white. White mucks up colors. We use black. Then when the split chicks are laying, breed them to another Lav, or to each other. Then you wouldn't get all lavender just some.Lavender is recessive, so yes, you need to have both parents either lavendar or split to lavendar. Lavendar is self blue, so breeding to black helps set you might say, the color.

big_smile.png

love.gif

What an adorable picture.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom