Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

This poor Grey Sebastopol looks like she has been starved. You need to give a good waterfowl feed or Allflock feed until up to proper weight is reached. If female should weigh 10 young female old female 12 pounds. Get some weight on this goose then worm for parasites.
Thank you for your response, YES, I agree, I don't think the previous owner really knew how to take care of a goose. I have already seen progress, her feet are healing up really nice. She seems very dirty, the white feathers are tan, I think once moulting comes around they new feathers will look surprising better..

This girl needs a kiddy pool to play in and keep her feather's clean and groom herself.
I would put in her water to drink a capful of Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother in it to help straighten out her system again You do not need to do this but several times and stop.
Lots of grass to gaze on. If no grass get some romaine lettuce and feed that to her as well as the waterfowl or allflock feed. But grass is the main source of food for Geese. She can have peas. watermelon, cabbage greens, kale if she even like it. Cut in half grapes. Any fruit except Tropical, NO Tropical fruit. I have given celery to mine and to my surprise they ate it. No spinach too much iron in it. They can have mixed green lettuce also .Even a little corn but not too much just as a treat. Try different things and she will let you know what she likes as well.
LOL funny about the pool, she has TWO kiddy pools and the minute I put her outside she went STRAIGHT to it, she's already groomed herself every day. Can't get the dirty feathers to look white, that is why I'm wondering if moulting will help.

I have a few pictures I would like to share on here.
This is Samantha my very first Sebastopol at 10 years old in this picture.

She was Best Medium Goose Champion and RV Champion of the show. 2nd Best Waterfowl in Show! At 10 years old!!!!!

All the Sebastopol's are in my breeding program. I have a couple more I will put pictures of when I up load them.

Below Samantha left front, Dillan right front and Back is Vanessa

Celtic Oaks Farm Jumping Jack Flash of RURU Solid Grey

RURU'S Safria Solid Grey JJ and Toffee daughter

Celtic Oaks Farm Butternut of RURU Solid Buff female

Celtic Oaks Toffee of RURU Solid Buff Female

Eastwinds Golden Nugget of RURU Buff Saddleback Female

RURU'S Cinnaswril Buff Saddlback Female

Left Blue Splash Gander RURU'S Toasted Marshmellow Gander
Right Grey Saddleback Eastwinds Harlequin of RURU Gander

BEAUTIFUL GEESE, comparing those from mine, YES, MINE DOES LOOK LIKE IT WAS STARVING. OMG, makes me appreciate her even more because i got her away from a poorly kept home.

Glad I could be of some help to you withy our girl. I have been breeding Sebastopol's for 10 years now and have seen some in pretty bad condition because the owners do not know they need clean water daily and fresh clean pool water as well. Plus they eat mainly grass. But a good feed is also great for them as well. Mine are spoiled rotten adults as well as when goslings.

Glad I could be of some help to you withy our girl. I have been breeding Sebastopol's for 10 years now and have seen some in pretty bad condition because the owners do not know they need clean water daily and fresh clean pool water as well. Plus they eat mainly grass. But a good feed is also great for them as well. Mine are spoiled rotten adults as well as when goslings.
Well check this out, I was on the hunt for a Male and yes I found one but he doesn't seem to have as many curls as the girl. I'm told this will happen with Sebie's? Every certain generation, you will end up with a Straight feather? Is this true? Well any way he's suppose to be a 3rd generation too. I go to get the address and guess what? SAME PERSON, I got the girl. he was NOT in as bad shape as her. In fact, he was actually in pretty good shape EXCEPT the Feet. YEP, Once again, He's got cuts and burns on the bottom of his feet just like the girl.. So I got a hold of my Pilgrim goose to see how her feet are, I'm thinking perhaps its just a thing that happens from walking all day etc. Well needless to say, My goose has perfectly clean (pretty) Feet, NO cuts no burns, nothing so this tells me, something is DEFINITELY wrong. So I contacted the person thinking perhaps she's just not aware something is wrong. She has other geese and I really think she should take a look at them.

I did see the yard that they lived in but not the living quarts. She has a nice yard for them, lots of room and a small pond, but I'm not sure where they sleep. So Question: what would cause the burns and cut marks? Perhaps sleeping on Horse manure? would that do the trick? Because i don't have horses or ponies and yet my two girls feet look GREAT...

Heres a pic of there feet, as you can see the boy is really bad..

This is them Cleaned off.. This is the boy

And here's my girl of course, it is looking a lot better, I've had her for a week now.

What made me want to look at there feet in the first place is because the girl was Limping when I first got her. The limping has gotten better.

Last edited:
Heres a pic of there feet, as you can see the boy is really bad..

This is them Cleaned off.. This is the boy

And here's my girl of course, it is looking a lot better, I've had her for a week now.

What made me want to look at there feet in the first place is because the girl was Limping when I first got her. The limping has gotten better.
@Lacrystol I remember last year or year before there was a member who posted about their ducklings having burns on the bottom of their feet and it turned out to be ammonia burns from poop. So good possibility if they we're kept with horses that could be the problem. Poor things I'd let the previous owner know what you suspect if you think it could be ammonia burns.

@Lacrystol
I remember last year or year before there was a member who posted about their ducklings having burns on the bottom of their feet and it turned out to be ammonia burns from poop.  So good possibility if they we're kept with horses that could be the problem.  Poor things I'd let the previous owner know what you suspect if you think it could be ammonia burns.

I figured that might be the problem...

Back
Top Bottom