Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

my one goose is almost 2 months old, when can he live out with the others. he is taking up half of my brooder because i can't put him with anyone without him pulling their down out! little booger!

I think I made a boo boo... I am brand new to geese.... How warm is it suppose to be in the brooder for young goslings? I can read chick body language just fine... but not goslings. Last night... I am pretty sure I had it way to warm for them. One of the babies went on a rampage chewing into the backside of another pretty seriously... then tried out his dirty deed on another.. Soo I grabbed up the balding one.. and powdered his back side with some quickstop... That stuff tastes NASTY>.. as the offender soon found out.. lol I removed one of the lights...and pulled the towel back to drop the temp and gave them some shaved pieces of apple to help change the mood in the brooder.
They soon settled down in the corner of the brooder very close to the open towel area. Soo pretty sure I had it way to hot in there for them.
I am a nervous New Mother Goose.

Top right will be white. Top left is an African companion gosling for the white one. The two in the middle I got on Tuesday and should be splash??

Top right looks like the African, the others all look white with the down coloring they look like 1 boy 2 girls.

White boys normally have the dusty all over color and so etimes just all yellow. White girls have the pale cap and saddle that will vanish and feather all white as adults.

Can you post pictures of the heads and bills too? Very cute babies.

Yeap, I meant the other left. Got my left and right crossed yet again. Some days I have such blonde moments.
The right is the African and the left is the white. The white is from peeps&pips and the 2 middle ones are from Kimberly in AL.

Celtic,
Thanks for catching my mistake. The middle 2 are from colored parents and do have dark at the base of their bills. I am at work so I don't have access to my pictures but will put some up later this evening. And thank you, I am overjoyed with them.

Lovely pics EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More please!......................................
pop.gif
...................................... I seem to be running outta pop corn!!!!!!! Hurry!!!!........... let me just get some more quick!!
pop.gif

great pics everyone. I love seeing all the different colors...and guessing what colors they'll be when they feather out.
Here are some pics from a few min ago...it is still wet here from the past few days of rain and today's forecast isn't looking any dryer.I'm thinking everyone except Scout may end up having some splotches of color, as I see some grey feathers or spots on feathers showing up now. I just don't know if those stay, or are they baby colors then go away after molting?

All 4 babies: Simon, Sasha, Sophie, Scout

Sophie (L) and Sasha (R) relaxing:

another one of Sophie closer up:

Scout (L) and Simon (R) :

The whole gang:

Back
Top Bottom