Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have Sebastopol that can ship to So OR? I have tried several times to hatch them this year. Twice I had near success, eggs pipped but I don't think my humidity was perfect and they ended up being very sticky and didn't survive the hatch. I would love to buy a pair or two.

Please PM me with any info.

Thank you,
Julie

Hey Julie -- I'm sorry for your failed hatches!
Have you tried your local craigslist? Oregon should be "covered up" in sebbies since Holderread's and Metzer are both on the west coast. Good luck!
Kim

Holderreads isn't selling sebbies anymore.

Julie,

I don't have babies to sell, but I may have something available this fall. I am still hatching. I have around 20 eggs in the incubator and just put five under a setting goose.

Celtic- I need some advice here.. With the Sebastopol's I just got, do you think I should get some Curly Sebastopol's to improve the feather quality? I'm not sure if the all smooth-feathered Sebastopol's will be used for breeding next year..

I would really like to get a Curly gander and goose. (Curly gander for the smooth-breasted grey goose and a curly goose for the smooth-breasted buff gander) Do you think you could help me out here? Color would not be important. I'm searching for a Buff Saddleback sebastopol and I have Jenifer Kraus on my list of contacting them and seeing if they would let me buy one but I highly doubt since they are still a very rare color. Oh and have you seen her Powder Blues?? WOW!

Steven, The Powder Blues are truly rare as I had only hatched 2 and kept them before Dave Holderread had shipped me 2 more when he was parting with the Sebastopols . He had told me that he had just started having them show up within the last 2 years . My oldest ones are 4 years old. I did hatch 3 last year and Dave is sure that there my be a third Locci involved. I have kept records of which birds have produced them, so hopefully we can figure out how we get them. I will post some pictures of younger ones and older ones. I just love the color. I have so few that I won't sell any at this time though.

Well I got home today from school and one of the babys was out of the nest on the floor dead :(
hit.gif
and the other was still under mom doing good! and so far all 3 of my dewlap toulouse eggs have internlaly peeped and two have externaly peeped! The little sebbie gosling has a cool color pattern on him, one of his wing is a grey/yellow coloring and his other is a white along the tip and edge of his wing with the rest of it grey, I am not even close to being sure but I think he might be a heavly colored saddleback but Celtic is proably right about him being grey, will post pictures soon.

Cute baby Poultry, sorry about the other one. :( that baby looks very gray. They aren't a solid color and will have light, dark and medium gray as well as white.

Thanks Celtic, it must be the way the light shines on him when I am looking cause when I look at him he has a yellow neck but in the picture he has a grey neck? Idk but your right and I appreciate your info and all your help!!!

Steven, The Powder Blues are truly rare as I had only hatched 2 and kept them before Dave Holderread had shipped me 2 more when he was parting with the Sebastopols . He had told me that he had just started having them show up within the last 2 years . My oldest ones are 4 years old. I did hatch 3 last year and Dave is sure that there my be a third Locci involved. I have kept records of which birds have produced them, so hopefully we can figure out how we get them. I will post some pictures of younger ones and older ones. I just love the color. I have so few that I won't sell any at this time though.

This was a young baby Powder Blue from last summer. I will post adult pictures later.

Back
Top Bottom