SEBBIES HATCHED!!!!

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
I set two of my own eggs and yesterday was day 30. Wednesday when I got home from work they were both rocking & talking. But no pips. Last night, when I got home they were both pipped and I could see their little bills. This morning, no real change. The temp is 99-99.5 and the humidity is 84% to 85%. I’ve heard that sometimes you have to help them out of the shells?

**UPDATE**
Hubby just called & said that one is completely out of the shell & "ugly." LOL Poor thing! He said the other one is rocking & rolling & has a "big line in it." Must be pipped? AHHH---this is so frustrating, to be stuck at work another HOUR!

Last edited by a moderator:
After they pip they HAVE to rest. Im not sure for how long... so dont get too worried just yet.

There a lot of Sebbie people out there I'm sure thay are going to have lots of good advise!

Good luck!!!

from the first pip it could take 2 days for them to hatch,just make sure they have an air hole and don't get dried out.

Thanks....I know they need to rest but chicks usually pop out by now!
barnie.gif

Mrs. Turbo :

from the first pip it could take 2 days for them to hatch,just make sure they have an air hole and don't get dried out.

Yes, they both have air holes. I actually see their little nostrils & bills. The humidity has been 84-85%...is that okay? Do I need to spray the eggs more? I'm just paranoid about opening the brooder...​

Quote:
So that would make it about a day & a half since they first pipped...

I should probably say that I have never hatched sebbies, but that is what I would do.

When I hatched my toulouse gosling, it pipped the air sac on day 26, the shell on day 27, and hatched on day 28.

Back
Top Bottom