Sebright Thread- Pictures and Discussion

I ended up with two seabrights in my flock after purchasing chicks from a feed store a year ago. One ended up a Roo, and the other a Hen. I've had them for 1 year or more, and they are my favorite chickens out of my little flock. My Roo is so full of it, he hates brown boots and shoes, glittery stuff, flowers, cell phones just about anything, but if I snap my fingers and can get him to look at my face or the rest of me, he then realizes its not another rooster he wanted to go after! But I think he looks for a fight with my shoes, so hes always so reluctant to look up and acknowledge me. lol.

When we first put them in their coop too he went straight to the nest and sat in the nest box for a few hours and rooted around in there it was hilarious! I still have to keep my Roo in check occasionally by chasing him around the yard (my neighbors probably think I'm nuts!) or I just grab him and hold him down in front of the hens, cause he gets embarrased (seriously he does), or the last resort if hes being realy fiesty is the box of shame! ( the pet carrier) for a few min. He is a VERY good rooster to the hens! He watches for danger, and when they are fed treats, he NEVER eats until they are all happy, then he allows himself a snack too! Same with any bugs he finds. He even talks to my lil baby chicks in the other coop, and after he talks.. they are much quieter.

My hen is a doll! She hardly ever lays, but shes just a doll. Shes the most friendly of all my chickens, and doesn't hesitate to sit on my lap immediately, and shes the first to run to me when she sees me, and she even flys up onto my kitchen window (they can fly VERY well) to visit me when its open. I love my seabrights! My hen reminds me of a dove I used to have as a kid! But they are not good egg layers! Now I have baby seabright mix's some with Seabright/silkie mix.. I'll let you know how they turn out :) Here are some pics of my Seabrights :)

These are sebright roosters

Back
Top Bottom