sebright thread

Pics
My silver sebright just went broody! :D She's the only one I have though, the rest are all phoenix, poland or some variety of cross inbetween. I think the father of her eggs is probally our polled phoenix male so it'll be interesting to see what comes out. She jumped off the eggs to get some food today and one of the other hens decided to lay her egg there - when she got back she promptly sat on the other girl until she went away (but not without screaming about the injustice of it all) LOL. I just hope she doesn't decide it's too much work a few days in. She's sitting on three of her eggs and three poland eggs. Hope they hatch sucessfully (fingers crossed).
As for the girl herself she's alright quality but I think her feathers are a little too thin and the lacing on her flight feathers and tail is a little broken. Don't know it that'll improve with age, she's about eight months old. All I know is that she was a chick a sebright breeder didn't want so she was given to our local farm where I found her. Adorable!

Another term that's new to me. What's a "polled phoenix"? I know that a Polled Herford is a bovine animal without horns but I suspect it may not mean the same thing in Phoenix.

Penelope at 6 weeks may actually be Paul....
What do you think?

Haha I think you have a Paul

I had a "Leona" that got renamed "Leon" to my dismay, I'm not allowed to keep roosters and have to rehome him. Fortunately of the 4 straight run Sebrights I picked up , only 1 was a roo! I do think the roosters are naturally more outgoing, Leon is just so delighted to jump into my lap and cuddle!

Here's Leon and his little Golden hen Kayle (the other two hens are Silver Sebrights).

Paul has been renamed Jack Sparrow since he is gorgeous and a little thieving rogue! LOL He kept stealing my grapes!

My little Sebright crowed for the first time today:( Guess I can stop hoping he's a girl! Only waiting to determine one more......we shall see!

frow.gif
Hello- does anyone here know what happens when you cross a silver and a golden sebright?
Just curious, as I have a year old golden roo housed with my LF's, and i was thinking about eventually putting all my sebrights in a run together. I just got a few silvers.
Thanks in advance!!

Back
Top Bottom