sebright thread

Pics
This past week, my Golden 'Bright Roo has decided that he is finally comfortable on my place. He bows up, squats down, ruffles his feathers, then charges every hand that puts feed and water into his family tractor. Funniest thing. He flogs the devil out of any of us that do the chores. He actually spurred my finger and drew blood. hehehe I'm 6-4/220, my Dad is 6-6/280, and Sir John is every bit of 9-10" tall and might weigh 3/4 of a pound! haha! Imagine the courage it takes to attack us in defense of his 2 ladies.

This past week, my Golden 'Bright Roo has decided that he is finally comfortable on my place. He bows up, squats down, ruffles his feathers, then charges every hand that puts feed and water into his family tractor. Funniest thing. He flogs the devil out of any of us that do the chores. He actually spurred my finger and drew blood. hehehe I'm 6-4/220, my Dad is 6-6/280, and Sir John is every bit of 9-10" tall and might weigh 3/4 of a pound! haha! Imagine the courage it takes to attack us in defense of his 2 ladies.
Ahhh the beauty of a Napoleon Complex haha

Hello,
I have 2 sebright roosters, 1 silver and 1 gold.However the silver is not pure, it has small gold feathers in some places, can it still be showed as a silver sebright? Also a gold sebright hen, very cute...

Sebrights are probably one of, if not my favorite chicken. Due to a move this past year we were forced to find new homes for all the poultry we had. Which was an extremely difficult thing for us to do. Though each of them when to AMAZING homes. We are back to where we are able to start having them again and I was soooo happy to find these little Sebright chicks in the assortment.

Do believe that this last little guy may be a Buff Sebright...hoping rather :p

Yup, lil heroes. I have a question about "pasty butt". Is just a lil chicken poop on their butt enough to worry about? I have had chicks with a lil poop ball on their butt, and they all survived. My lil 'Brights and Phoenixes have (about half of the 10) a lil ball of ppop, and I am just unable to wash it off with warm water. I am a little at a loss here. Is it like the poop ball blocks their being able to poop, or are we looking at dysentary and the pasty butt is a symptom? Sometimes, too much information is a bad thing. I mean, am I worrying an inordinate amount over a lil poop on active, feeding/drinking, and hopping arond chicks, too much? They're active, but the poop is lil set-up concrete. My neighbor and chicken buddy has good luck with washing his chicks off. I can't get much of it off, at all.

Yup, lil heroes. I have a question about "pasty butt". Is just a lil chicken poop on their butt enough to worry about? I have had chicks with a lil poop ball on their butt, and they all survived. My lil 'Brights and Phoenixes have (about half of the 10) a lil ball of ppop, and I am just unable to wash it off with warm water. I am a little at a loss here. Is it like the poop ball blocks their being able to poop, or are we looking at dysentary and the pasty butt is a symptom? Sometimes, too much information is a bad thing. I mean, am I worrying an inordinate amount over a lil poop on active, feeding/drinking, and hopping arond chicks, too much? They're active, but the poop is lil set-up concrete. My neighbor and chicken buddy has good luck with washing his chicks off. I can't get much of it off, at all.
use mild dish soap and olive oil after you get it all off... i had that prob with my chicks... had to check them every day and wash and oil them daily!

I will soak their butt in warm water for about 5-10 min (or hold their butt under warm running water in the sink... while gentaly (and constantly) massaging the poo ball untill it all comes off and I can see the butt again... I had one die when I first got into chicks and now I do not ever let pasty butt go untreated... and check them a few times a day... it comes off easier the sooner you catch it

Good luck with them! We were having pasty butt issues with ours, and the oil definitely helped a ton. Everyone is doing so well now. Im so excited to have Sebrights again!

I have a Roster Sebright He is a little guy and he can be feisty at times. He is about 4 years old I was told, he was given to us. We do hold him and he likes that, just hard to catch :) I call him my little cockaroo as he is small but mighty :)

This is when he see me, he talks to me and then starches the ground :)
What a pretty boy!

Back
Top Bottom