sebright thread

Pics
Yep!!! They had those and white chicks with feathered feet.

Yeah! The white ones are porcelain d'Uccles. I saw them there and was so excited I got 2. I also picked up a Sebright. I've been wondering how old they were for a while now, because I forgot to ask. They were already pretty feathered when I got them, so I guessed they were three weeks now. But four weeks? Wow. I've never had bantams before, and I guess they grow at a different rate. I've got pictures of mine in this thread if you want to compare. I was told it's a girl, but sometimes chicks can surprise you.
gig.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/797567/sexing-porcelain-duccles-and-a-golden-sebright

Oh my gosh. :/ Now I'm mad. I was gonna get a sebright and a white one but the guy could only catch the sebrights. And I free range so white would attract predators.

Oh my gosh.
hmm.png
Now I'm mad. I was gonna get a sebright and a white one but the guy could only catch the sebrights. And I free range so white would attract predators.

They might've done okay. Did they sell all of the bantams already? When I went there two weeks ago to get these girls, there were still twenty-some bantams left.

Also I think most of the guys down there secretly hate me. I stare at the chicks for a while to see which ones I want and then I make them catch those exact ones.
lau.gif
They're so gentlemanly; if you tell them what you want, they will do their best.

They might've done okay. Did they sell all of the bantams already? When I went there two weeks ago to get these girls, there were still twenty-some bantams left.

Also I think most of the guys down there secretly hate me. I stare at the chicks for a while to see which ones I want and then I make them catch those exact ones. :lau They're so gentlemanly; if you tell them what you want, they will do their best.

Me too! The one older guy came over to the guy trying to catch mine and goes "Ken, this is not a petting zoo." Because I'd have to thoroughly examine them. If they had big feet, I'd make him put them back. Hahaha! I asked if they had medicated feed. I asked if they were vaccinated. I asked every question about their foods. I asked sooo many questions. They seriously probably hate me too.

I don't know if they sold them all. I got them 2 weeks ago. :)

Last edited:
Actually, I think Chick 1 is the cockerel if there is one. I think I'm in denial. I think he is a roo. Check out the pics I took today. He's 4 weeks old and sprouting wattles.

I have another question! The lighter chick (the non-roo {for now}) haas bigger "spurs" than the roo. But has no comb and wattle development whatsoever. Also, they both get into fights. The tan one challenges the black one and they skirmish but then nothing happens. Does that mean they could both be roos? I'm so nervous. I like to be sure about things so I can plan ahead.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom