sebright thread

Pics
I thought so too! We have a Silver Sebright pullet, and she really doesn't have a comb at all. Is it a bad idea to breed the silver to the gold?

Our flock is just for our own egg production and personal pets. No showing/selling going on here. I wasn't really wanting another Sebright, but I guess that is the chance you take with straight run chicks from a farm store!
idunno.gif

Looks like a roo as he has a wide comb and a leader on the rear of it. That's the give-away.

I have a Silver hen with my Golden pair. I have gotten 2 chicks from them, so far. 1 Golden cockerel, and 1 silver cockerel. These are not going in my breeding tractors, they're just for my own enjoyment. Soooo...I'd say there's no harm in your doing it, either. ;)

I do have a question about the Buff 'Brights. Do they breed true, or do they revert back to either Golden or Silver? As I'm told that it takes a few generations for them to throw Buff, I am curious as to whether they'll breed true. Also, why hasn't the color been approved, if it does?

The Buff Sebrights breed true. I don't know if the Golds and Silvers were used to produce them, but I'd imagine it took many generations. And it takes a loooooooooooooooong time for a new breed or variety to be approved and added to the Standard. Not to mention the difficult stipulations in the first place.

Hey All.
I have a pair of hatchery golden sebrights. I've had them for a year, and they are really neat birds. Their offspring is sex linked, and so were they as chicks. The roosters come out a lighter color and the females come out a darker color.

Rooster:

Hen:

See the difference? They are definitely sex linked.

I cant find much information online as far as sebrights being sex linked. Has anybody else heard of this? Can you please explain?

Do you have any pictures of what they look like currently? I'm wondering if the hatchery crossed some Goldens with Silvers. It's not a sex-linked crossing, but it might explain the difference. What hatchery did you buy them from?

Do you have any pictures of what they look like currently? I'm wondering if the hatchery crossed some Goldens with Silvers. It's not a sex-linked crossing, but it might explain the difference. What hatchery did you buy them from?
I bought them from TSC. I'm not sure what hatchery they got them from.

Here is the rooster (He has a single comb)

The hen. (Rose Comb)

One of their offspring was a boy and ended up with a rose comb like his mom. Like I said before, these two chickens (above) produce sex linked offspring as well.

Hmm... well it definitely has me stumped haha. The only thing I can tell you is that the single comb is recessive to the rose comb. I think your best bet is to find out which hatchery TSC ordered from and then call the hatchery to ask them. Otherwise, you have some million dollar Sebrights! lol

Back
Top Bottom