sebright thread

Pics
Thank you this is such great information! Where should I be looking on the website for the how to show tips? There is so much on it, it's overwhelming!
I'm figuring this all out as I go along, I've only been into chickens for about 6 months so everything is pretty much new to me. If you are under 18, are you required to join the Youth Poulty Club, or can you just join under a normal membership? Also, do I have to be a member of the ABA and APA if I'm going to show both large fowl and bantams, or can I just join one? Sorry for so many questions, but even though I learn fast, I'm brand new to the show world!

You can join open or youth. You don't have to be a member of anything to show but if its out of state you need NPIP testing done... It is definitely exciting to be part of a show though. Especially if you have good birds. Even so you still can learn alot and make great connections. I've only showed once last month and did very well and looking forward to this fall showing. Ill be at the NH, little rhody, Brockton show, and eastern states(the biggest)! Your hen does look decent so definitely give it a try. You have to get a submission form, and usually 3bucks per bird you enter. If you win there's ribbons, some payouts, not a whole lot but more so for the recognition etc:) I just came by a trio of decent quality gold youngins, ill post some pics soon. There extremely flighty though:(

And not to get too far off topic, your profile does look close to a Wheaton but too much red and too dark. Still a beautiful bird though!

I have 2 4 wk old silvers. Anytime i back the heat lamp to make it cooler than 85 they have a fit. Since they are such a small breed do you go slower on backing the lamp off?

Cute little chickies.
jumpy.gif
I've got some in the bator pipping now.

My 12 week old is mounting hens, but isn't even crowing yet. When I cracked one of my hen's eggs this morning I think (and I could be wrong) it was fertile!

Is that possible? Or do you think my eyes are tricking me? I read sebrights weren't that fertile.

Back
Top Bottom