sebright thread

Silver Sebright is the "correct" name but Silver Laced is often used and accepted. She is a very pretty girl with good markings and posture. I am not a judge of show birds so I don't know about how she might meet their standards. Mine are very much the same and come from Ideal Poultry stock.

I have the Silver rooster, two silver hens and two Golden hens. If the Silver and Golden produce offspring they are considered Buff Segrights which is not an "official" color. They are still very young and have yet to produce their first egg.

Here she is,
Her name is lightning. She would rather not be held, or handled. She's spooky, but she's pretty, lays good and gets along great with my others. She's my only seabright. I picked up several mixed Bantams and got her in the mix.
Hi! just down the road from you (randleman). that's how we got our sebright too... picked up "a mix" and happened onto one! love our moneypenny! she doesn't like to be held or petted, but if you sit down, she'll run right up and talk your ear off! i'd love to have a few more... been searching for months... but i don't want to go through "the luck of the draw" again. Your Lightning is so pretty!!

Here she is, Her name is lightning. She would rather not be held, or handled. She's spooky, but she's pretty, lays good and gets along great with my others. She's my only seabright. I picked up several mixed Bantams and got her in the mix.
Hi! just down the road from you (randleman). that's how we got our sebright too... picked up "a mix" and happened onto one! love our moneypenny! she doesn't like to be held or petted, but if you sit down, she'll run right up and talk your ear off! i'd love to have a few more... been searching for months... but i don't want to go through "the luck of the draw" again. Your Lightning is so pretty!!
Thank you, hills farm and garden in Thomasville, usually gets them in and can usually order anything you want! After I got mine last spring I noticed they had seabright pretty often. And thank you!I think she's so pretty too :)

Silver Sebright is the "correct" name but Silver Laced is often used and accepted. She is a very pretty girl with good markings and posture. I am not a judge of show birds so I don't know about how she might meet their standards. Mine are very much the same and come from Ideal Poultry stock. I have the Silver rooster, two silver hens and two Golden hens. If the Silver and Golden produce offspring they are considered Buff Segrights which is not an "official" color. They are still very young and have yet to produce their first egg.
Thank you! Yours So pretty too, I love the golden seabright too, I'd love to see a buff seabright if anyone has a pic of one???

I got mine from Ideal Poultry in Cameron, TX. They have a minimum order based on dollars instead of number of birds. Their minimum is 25 dollars plus shipping. They have the Silver, Golden and Buff all straight run, no sexed birds. When I ordered mine they came with 14 packing peanuts for warmth and all surived and are thriving today.

Here is a pic of my little seabright rooster Bob. The lady that sold them to me said one parent was a golden and the other a silver. This was the bully of the 8 birds I bought so I have had to keep him separate. One pic is of him from last October I believe it was. The recent pic is from a few days ago.

Here is a pic of my little seabright rooster Bob. The lady that sold them to me said one parent was a golden and the other a silver. This was the bully of the 8 birds I bought so I have had to keep him separate. One pic is of him from last October I believe it was. The recent pic is from a few days ago.
He is such a regal bird! very handsome!

Hello!

I recently (two weeks ago) rescued 4 d'Uccles and what I believe to be 2 golden sebrights from the TSC bantam bin where they were overcrowded and, it turns out, dying from the most severe cases of pasty butt. The one little sebright did not seem like (s)he was going to make it for a few days, but thankfully pulled through. I've never had sebrights so I have a few questions if you don't mind.

They're very small, so are they cold hardy at all? They look even smaller than d'Uccles, who I know can handle the cold fairly well. My coop is very secure from wind but not heated.

I seem to read a lot suggesting that they are not the friendliest of birds. I am not so concerned with how they would interact with me, but rather with the rest of my flock, who are all pretty docile breeds. Will being raised with d'Uccles and eventually silkies help, or will they bully them? I cannot fully free range, will this cause them to be even more cranky? (I have a big covered run, and am building a tractor for them this summer and possibly some chicken tunnels throughout the yard/garden.)

Also, at what age can you start guessing sex? I assume the easiest way to tell is their comb, at what age do the cockerels start getting pink/red?

Don't worry, if there is not a way to easily merge them with my flock I will find them another happy home.

This is Claude. She is bigger than Nigel, but Nigel was the one who was so poorly when I got them and I no longer trust size in chicks that had health issues. I think they're about 3 weeks old?

This is wee Nigel.

Thank you so much to anyone who read through all that!

Hello! I recently (two weeks ago) rescued 4 d'Uccles and what I believe to be 2 golden sebrights from the TSC bantam bin where they were overcrowded and, it turns out, dying from the most severe cases of pasty butt. The one little sebright did not seem like (s)he was going to make it for a few days, but thankfully pulled through. I've never had sebrights so I have a few questions if you don't mind. They're very small, so are they cold hardy at all? They look even smaller than d'Uccles, who I know can handle the cold fairly well. My coop is very secure from wind but not heated. I seem to read a lot suggesting that they are not the friendliest of birds. I am not so concerned with how they would interact with me, but rather with the rest of my flock, who are all pretty docile breeds. Will being raised with d'Uccles and eventually silkies help, or will they bully them? I cannot fully free range, will this cause them to be even more cranky? (I have a big covered run, and am building a tractor for them this summer and possibly some chicken tunnels throughout the yard/garden.) Also, at what age can you start guessing sex? I assume the easiest way to tell is their comb, at what age do the cockerels start getting pink/red? Don't worry, if there is not a way to easily merge them with my flock I will find them another happy home. This is Claude. She is bigger than Nigel, but Nigel was the one who was so poorly when I got them and I no longer trust size in chicks that had health issues. I think they're about 3 weeks old? This is wee Nigel. Thank you so much to anyone who read through all that!
Hi, beautiful babies, thanks for rescuing them. Mine do just fine in heat and cold I live in nc and we had wind chill factor below 0 a couple nights and no issues. As far as friendliness, mine is fi,e with my mixed bantam flock, not mean toward them or me, just keeps to her self and doesn't like to be handled. And my are not free range with but have a 12 by we run and a 4 by 8 coop with 16 birds and she does just fine in confinement. Good luck, they are beautiful birds and add nice color to your flock. Oh and as far sexing them I have never had a rootee in this breed only a hen and I was able to tell she was a hen around 4 weeks

Back
Top Bottom