sebright thread

That is a hard one. The comb on the bird on the right is not a big as a rooster but appears, in the picture, to be larger than a hen. I am leaning toward hen but it is really hard to tell, sorry.
so a hen can be "combless" or have small comb? Ty for all your help

I was just out cleaning the run when I kept hearing my female sorta yelping, sounded awful. Looked in the coop to see her standing with her head and and body pushed in a corner, kinda shaking her head, her toes were all curled in (still standing) thought she was injured, it was so painful to watch. Anyway in the end she was laying an egg!!! It was normal sized they just started laying 2 weeks ago, every other day my 2 girls lay. Anyone else witness theirs painfully lay an egg???? I hope she doesn't go through this everytime! She did walk right back outside like nothing happened after

Last edited:
I was just out cleaning the run when I kept hearing my female sorta yelping, sounded awful. Looked in the coop to see her standing with her head and and body pushed in a corner, kinda shaking her head, her toes were all curled in (still standing) thought she was injured, it was so painful to watch. Anyway in the end she was laying an egg!!! It was normal sized they just started laying 2 weeks ago, every other day my 2 girls lay. Anyone else witness theirs painfully lay an egg???? I hope she doesn't go through this everytime! She did walk right back outside like nothing happened after
I have always thought if you could translate the so-called "egg song" of chickens (large or small) that it would not actually be a song but more something like "give me pain pills and give them to me now!!!!!"

I have always thought if you could translate the so-called "egg song" of chickens (large or small) that it would not actually be a song but more something like "give me pain pills and give them to me now!!!!!"

Lol this was not the normal egg song. It was as if she was badly injured, I was freaking out thinking maybe she was attacked by another chicken, looking over her head for injuries since she was shaking so badly

Last edited:

A couple shots of my new babies. I was told they are about 5 months old. My daughter named them Edward Bella and Renesmee.

Back
Top Bottom