sebright thread

i find that if you put them in an enclosure and handle them regularly preferably while feeding and then throughout the day then you'll find that even if they get out they will not go far. my girls have gotten out a couple of times but i get them back in easily enough. they're really sweet little birds.

Ivy and Iris respectivly.

Iris and her sebright japanese bantam chicks. she is the best mother for her breed. they are 20 weeks now and she will still tear into her flockmates if they come anywhere near her chicks.
Sebright egg and quarter.

New pics of my 13-week olds. They are finally getting a little friendlier, less scared, so I'm happy about that.

This little girl has a little smuttiness on her tail, I hope that will go away with age or adult molt?

And this is the sweetest little fella!

Sebright experts, could you take a look at this picture and tell me if this could be a Sebright egg? I was expecting small white eggs, but this morning we found a small tinted mystery egg in the nesting box and were wondering if it could be from one of our Silver or Golden Sebright pullets. They are 23-weeks-old and are starting to show other signs of being ready to lay, so it is definitely a possibility. However, we also have a young silkie pullet who has just started laying, so it could be that she just laid an unusually small and pointy-shaped egg today (25 grams instead of her usual 35 grams). I'm attaching a picture of the mystery egg next to one of the silkie's eggs and a store bought white egg for comparison.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm sure excited for eggs from my little girls!!

Back
Top Bottom