sebright thread

This is my baby- girl hopefully- it will fly out of my hands in a second if I let it and it can fly about 5 feet!! Anyway, it was singing----not the normal peeping it and the others do. It sounded like a song bird was in the brooder. I love it, Is that normal?

1f60a.png
1f60a.png

I had a little female Sebright and she sang all the time when she was a baby! Just like a beautiful song bird! Her voice was amazing! I assumed this was normal! She had a beautiful voice! And sang a lot especially as a baby. Say under 4 months old.
Has anyone else heard their Sebrights sing?
There's no question if you have, it's absolutely beautiful.

1f60a.png
1f60a.png

I had a little female Sebright and she sang all the time when she was a baby! Just like a beautiful song bird! Her voice was amazing! I assumed this was normal! She had a beautiful voice! And sang a lot especially as a baby. Say under 4 months old.
Has anyone else heard their Sebrights sing?
There's no question if you have, it's absolutely beautiful.

Yes, it's like a songbird, in fact, I thought of naming mine Whistler...it's 3 wks old, the only Sebright I have. It's with a mille fleur d'uccle and 4 leghorns, all same age, and they all make all kinds of chattering, but the Sebright has a lovely clear whistle.
Here's the Sebright w the other bantam and one of the leghorns...

At what age were you able to differentiate sexes in your Sebrights?

Yes, it's like a songbird, in fact, I thought of naming mine Whistler...it's 3 wks old, the only Sebright I have. It's with a mille fleur d'uccle and 4 leghorns, all same age, and they all make all kinds of chattering, but the Sebright has a lovely clear whistle.
Here's the Sebright w the other bantam and one of the leghorns...

At what age were you able to differentiate sexes in your Sebrights?
i'm not sure what age the males develop, but my female simply never developed a comb - until months later when she was about to lay. If by 6-8 wks you still see no comb, then you probably have a female.

Thank-you. That is what I thought as well. I guess we will soon find out. It's a 4h project so we need two hens that's why I would like to know :)

3 Golden Sebrights on the morning of their 4th week. I'm worried that the tiny one might be a boy based on behavior, as I've yet to see any comb development. Love these tiny birds, so spunky!

My suspected future trouble-maker

3 Golden Sebrights on the morning of their 4th week. I'm worried that the tiny one might be a boy based on behavior, as I've yet to see any comb development. Love these tiny birds, so spunky
They look good, lots of feathers! I think they are larger than my silver sebright, he will be 4 weeks on Sunday. There's something looking like the beginning of a comb? I have not had a Sebright before.....

One of my twins. They are almost mirror images of each other. It is 5 weeks and 3 days old. Can someone please tell me if it is a pullet or rooster? I have to sell all roosters and I really don't want to sell these!
I don't see a comb but there is a tiny bump/spike on the top. Not sure what it is as none of my other breeds have it.

Back
Top Bottom