sebright thread

IMG_20180221_140423~2 (640x493).jpg
I have a Silver Sebright hen for sale, in my thread called 'BANTAMS'. Here is a picture of her. She is just from a hatchery, but is beautiful.
IMG_20180221_140410 (640x480).jpg

I mean I 'like' the pic, not that daughter is sick!
I've been rearranging our coop to prepare for integrating 5 new chicks. They are appenzeller spitzhaubens. Our Sebright, Moonshine, wants to be in the middle of all remodeling. She investigates tools, and each new partition with great interest, commenting all the time, trying out the baby roosts, etc. I think she'll be very opinionated about the newcomers. They are 3 weeks and still in the house, but coop time is coming fast.....
We have a Spitzhauben too! After Trouble, training a Spitz was easy. Of course DS claimed my 'Spitzie' as HIS and renamed her "Poof-Poof." On the bright side, he really calmed her. Unlike Trouble, Poof-Poof will allow us to cuddle. She also comes running to us when called. DS has not been able to get her to land on his arm, but she will fly up to him when he's climbing a tree or hanging out in his little fort (@ the top of slide). IMG_3948.JPG

We have a Spitzhauben too! After Trouble, training a Spitz was easy. Of course DS claimed my 'Spitzie' as HIS and renamed her "Poof-Poof." On the bright side, he really calmed her. Unlike Trouble, Poof-Poof will allow us to cuddle. She also comes running to us when called. DS has not been able to get her to land on his arm, but she will fly up to him when he's climbing a tree or hanging out in his little fort (@ the top of slide).View attachment 1274709
Oh I love it!!!! Yes the chicks are very friendly little characters... I am really enjoying them.
Heidi 2 (3 of 1).jpg

The biggest downside is trying to sex the Spitzes. At 6 wks you can maybe guess but it won't be an accurate guess until 8-10wks.
What about the crest color? From pics I see, it looks like the roosters have white, hens black. Does this hold true w chicks' early feathers? These two have the most white in their crests, the others are really solid black.
2 fuzzies 2-23 (3 of 1).jpg
@Faraday40 I just saw there's a Spitzhauben thread with some of your pics. So I should continue this conversation there.
Anyway, here's a pic of my Sebright out in the grass today w one of her leghorn sisters...
free ranging.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom