sebright thread

My (13 week?) Sebright pullet is trying to crow. Still looks very pullet like but now I am questioning everything.
Sebright cockerels/roosters being hen feathered, may be harder to differentiate. You'd have a more visible comb...is it really crowing? Have any pics?

Sebright cockerels/roosters being hen feathered, may be harder to differentiate. You'd have a more visible comb...is it really crowing? Have any pics?

It sounds like it’s trying to crow. It hears our other rooster and yells back. Here are some pics of both of them. I assume it’s the bigger one but they both seem very pullet like to me!

3A9F2749-6506-45AF-8334-20178F541347.jpeg 34B01B51-4E6D-4644-88FA-656164F63D9F.jpeg 676A447C-E9C4-47C3-A5AB-8F4DE83A48BF.jpeg AA40454A-B909-47ED-A679-35B2F902337F.jpeg 6C67CD52-887F-446D-832B-F5766ADA50E8.jpeg

It sounds like it’s trying to crow. It hears our other rooster and yells back. Here are some pics of both of them. I assume it’s the bigger one but they both seem very pullet like to me!

View attachment 1997771 View attachment 1997772 View attachment 1997773 View attachment 1997774 View attachment 1997775
wait, 5 pics, which is which?
btw, my Sebright hen does crow. She'll be 3 yrs old this year. When she has been locked in the broody jail, and hears the rooster, she'll crow just like one in response. If I show up w the camera, she clams up.

wait, 5 pics, which is which?
btw, my Sebright hen does crow. She'll be 3 yrs old this year. When she has been locked in the broody jail, and hears the rooster, she'll crow just like one in response. If I show up w the camera, she clams up.

So the first 3 pics are the suspect crowed, the last 2 are the smaller one. I think I might have a crowing pullet!

My Sebright "Trouble" will occasionally crow. (For her it's usually when she's brooding some chicks & wants to get the respect of the other hens.) There are many reasons why she's named Trouble.

This is my crowing culprit a few weeks later. Still looking very pullet like except for that one nubin standing up on the comb. I was told these would be purple combed. I estimate about 15 weeks.

View attachment 2008867View attachment 2008868View attachment 2008869
My guess is you may have a crowing female, but time will tell. Does she crow all the time like a male or just once in a while? Sebrights can be pretty vocal, so perhaps the crowing is just her way of getting the attention she feels she deserves. (These little Sebrights have very BIG personalities.)

My guess is you may have a crowing female, but time will tell. Does she crow all the time like a male or just once in a while? Sebrights can be pretty vocal, so perhaps the crowing is just her way of getting the attention she feels she deserves. (These little Sebrights have very BIG personalities.)
We have a rooster outside and a young one right next to her. She seems to do it when both of them are going in the morning. She does a bunch of squawking first and then one little screetchy crow.

Back
Top Bottom