sebright thread

Pics
Lets see some pics!:) and I'm not sure about your breeding question though. But sometimes when u get new birds when introducing to a new home they are easier to put together since none are established. New birds tend to bond with new birds. I would just put all of then together

Just got a pic of them this morning when I put them all in their new pen.

The two golden pullets like to pick on the two buff pullets. I'm going to have to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't get too aggressive on them.

That buff rooster has some good type!
Thanks! (Assuming you meant mine, as I didn't see a pic before it lol) He's a tad bit smaller than my golden rooster, and not as "dominant". The golden rooster actually looks out for the two buff pullets (maybe most sebrights do that, I'm not sure), and when the golden roo stands straight, he looks pretty good. I am excited to show them and breed them and get involved with the breed.

Has anyone ever mixed a silver laced sebright with a golden laced sebright?
From my friend who has golden laced and silver laced Polish: if you breed golden and silver, the girls well be either gold or silver and the boys will carry both genes and be a black laced yellow. The F1s boys can be bred to either silver or gold and will produce whatever the hen is.

I think that Buff laced and gold laced might work the same way, and I know the Polish breeders cross the two to improve type.

You both might ask these same questions on a Polish page and see what responses you get.

Isnt they easy to breeding?

Right now I have 3 Nankins Bantams, in the spring I'm getting 20 sebrights chicks.
10 golden and 10 silver,
but i dont sure about their breeding rates, I know nankins are easy to breed.
Im new to sebright bantams, i had 2 but they died 2 days later after i got them.
I didnt know why they died, I ordered them from Mypetchicken.com...

Hi,
Seeking a Silver Laced Sebright for friend in western PA in Greensberg area. She is very animal savvy,has bred Animals for years. Highly thought of locally. Has one SLS which is a housepet. Is seeking one for a housepet to keep hers company. Excellent home with loving folks.
Best,
Karen in wesern PA

Last edited:
That is a great looking Sebright:) I cant wait til Spring and get back into this breed. Although I have golds I do have 1 silver but not good quality haha:( I really would like Buffs most of all though.

Year of the rooster- Yates doesnt have anything available for the winter hatching:( They dont usually ship eggs anyways..usually chicks. But thank you for the reference. I will probably order some in the spring

That is a great looking Sebright:) I cant wait til Spring and get back into this breed. Although I have golds I do have 1 silver but not good quality haha:( I really would like Buffs most of all though.

Year of the rooster- Yates doesnt have anything available for the winter hatching:( They dont usually ship eggs anyways..usually chicks. But thank you for the reference. I will probably order some in the spring
Ah.. well that's unfortunate. Did you try emailing/calling them? Every time I visit their website it says they don't have any for sale, so maybe they just haven't updated??? But either way, I hope you can get some!

Back
Top Bottom