**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

My first ever eggs have been set for three days....can I please look at the dorkings?????? I won't pick them up individually, just lift out the carton and take em in a closet and shine in a light ... Is this why you say we need straitjackets????

Totally agree with tommysgirl. Once you eat a homegrown turkey you won't want to go back to storebought. They really are that much better. Yummmmmmm

Quote: He was wounded in early March.. so they finally sent him home... now I have to catch up on spoiling him rotten

I do want to thank y'all for keeping me company and helping to keep me busy .. and i know I didn't tell most of you about it.. but it's one of those things where we just aren't allowed to say much...
so thanks again!
Oh, Yinepu, I had no idea! I am so happy he is able to come home to you. Is he going to have any long term effects from his injuries? PLEASE tell him "thank you" for his sacrifices and service! Words can't do justice to the appreciation I have for y'all doing that for me, my family, and everyone else in the US (whether they appreciate it or not.) I also humbly appreciate your willingness and sacrifices, as well. It is often forgotten that the families of servicemen also 'give till it hurts' so that we can be safe and comfortable at home with our families. The separation is just as hard on you and your soldier's other loved-ones as it is on him. Let me know if there is anything you could use some help with....anything at all.
Quote:
One of my favorite quotes: I just realized... maybe it's maturity or the wisdom that comes with age, but the witch in Hansel and Gretel -- she's very misunderstood. I mean, the woman builds her dream house and these brats come along and start eating it.

Thanks for the support guys! I'm just happy he's home and alive and that he was only wounded and not coming home in a body bag.. unfortunately too many families have to deal with the latter

and btw.. I LOVE that quote!
gig.gif

Quote: Trust me those eggs are clean compaired to the ones i Bought off a member here . If you cant find a place for some poults and you ship I need 7 For my kids this is my last week trying other wise i give up.
Im just worried about the weather maybe someone knows of some here in oregon NOT A EGG Selling Place . but like Lowes or farmers market i can pick up chicks at

If I get even a 50% hatch rate, I will have poults everywhere. And I could ship, heck, I LOVE the Florence area.

27505616_yay.gif
Now we won't have any excuse to not know what is going on.......well, some of us still won't have a clue but we are loved anyhoo!!

20 days until hatching!

Would we pick on you????

How did he know where to go?
wink.png

I have no idea.
idunno.gif

I am with SCG! I want to candle. I want to see a bouncing baby turkey silhouette.

Let's walk off into the sunset (of the flashlight) together

My first ever eggs have been set for three days....can I please look at the dorkings?????? I won't pick them up individually, just lift out the carton and take em in a closet and shine in a light ... Is this why you say we need straitjackets????

Might could. Although I've found that the SJ helps me get a nice seal around the egg so I can candle better. Perhaps I need someone to adjust the straps.

Well, my humidity is hanging lower than id like, but im feeling ok with 35%...I got it up to 55 last night but then the bator was at 118!!!! Today im at 100 holding steady (no decimals) and 35% so ill take it for homemade and see what happens i suppose!

My eggs are from my ducks, so not shipped, they are sort of standing/leaning. Lol.

I was late taking my daughter to dance because i needed to put the chickens away and 2 were hiding from the rain under my camper! Lol!

Hmmm...poetry...i like poetry.

Chickens lead to ducks and turkeys,
But thats ok; I like them better.

Eating their eggs makes me feel perky,
I hope my eggs hatch to the letter.

My head is hurting
True, a poet, I am not
Chicken noodle soup

Lol

Can I join this thread? I just set 7 chicken eggs late Friday night/early Saturday morning. Hoping for better results on this hatch than the last.

The turkey photos as well as all the poultry wisdom here is highly appreciated. There are wild turkeys around here sometimes. Now if I could just find where they nest...

Last edited:
Your contests look like great fun! Couple of poems...though by no means prize winners though:

Here is a poem,
Though I don’t know ‘em,
Because Chocolate chickens I will crave,
‘Til my final days…
Can anybody really live without ‘em?
(Yes, weak, but those chocolate chickens are gorgeous, right?!)

Old Barn
Hens brood within
New life

Hmmm...poetry...i like poetry.

Chickens lead to ducks and turkeys,
But thats ok; I like them better.

Eating their eggs makes me feel perky,
I hope my eggs hatch to the letter.

My head is hurting
True, a poet, I am not
Chicken noodle soup

Lol