**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Quote: I made homemade french vanilla ice cream using duck eggs-- heaven--all gone in a day!! We couldn't stop eating it!! Very very rich.

Quote: Edited it to "trukey"? What's a trukey?
lau.gif

that's the little metal thing you stick in the ignition of the truck and turn to make it go VROOOM
gig.gif

Quote: Cuuuuuute!! I have muscovy-- and only hatch a few each year. Just love them.

Quote: I hear you.. I took the lambs to the butcher for years. Now I do my own chickens and turkeys. Got much easier when they were not pets.
wink.png

You guys are all so Poetically awesome. When I saw those I thought thats a contest I can't participate in...then on the way to work today...one just came to me....so true too...

Moult Moult Go Away
Come Back Another Day
Eggs to Hatch
I need to set a Batch
Or off to the Butcher, for you I can catch.

Have no clue if thats a limric, haiku, shitzu or what...lets just call it a Cayuric
Nice!!!

HENN in a STRAIGHT JACKET

I was nabbed by the HENN
it was so fast I didn't see
I was so confused
I didn't even plea
I read and I read, I was quite amused
I was told to Haiku?
hu.gif

but not when its due
I sit and I wait to figure it all out
in a straight jacket no doubt!

DUe every day . . . lol WElcome to the Funny Farm . . . did you order astraight jacket? Just list the design you would prefer.

Okay things are not looking good for me, I have one lurkey (lol) egg, and it is starting to get old. Bit i am setting it anyways, and some chicken eggs a week later. I skipped a couple hundred posts so, what did I miss.
TUkey eggs can hold out a loooooong time-- I'm sure it is ok if you want to set it now. I know I can't set until sometime next week as I have sold all my turkey eggs!!

Sorry, Ron's not giving daily updates on this thread! :)
Oh we need to invite Ron over!!

Ok so an update, I set early. Last friday to be exact. I had to toss one duck egg which leaves me with 6 eggs 4 duck eggs are doing good can't see in the darker grey egg or my B.R turkey egg. SOOO I hope all goes well. I really want me a turkey!! Lol.

...and then what happened??

Welcome, newcomers. You have to go back and read from the beginning or you'll be hopelessly confused, and we're on a roll, so we can't slow down to explain...plus you kind of have to watch it evolve...glad to have you!!
Then they sent him home to change and that was the only casual friday they ever had! lol
Sorry, Ron's not giving daily updates on this thread! :)
I believe he needs to be hennapped
DUe every day . . . lol WElcome to the Funny Farm . . . did you order astraight jacket? Just list the design you would prefer.

TUkey eggs can hold out a loooooong time-- I'm sure it is ok if you want to set it now. I know I can't set until sometime next week as I have sold all my turkey eggs!!

Oh we need to invite Ron over!!
X2 on Ron
Order the straight jacket? You mean I can finally get rid of my old white canvas one? lol
I like bandana style look or western plz lol

Powers out and its sunny as all get out. Been out for 30 mins. Temp in bator reading 90. Ugh. Hopefully my eggs will be okay, have some in lock down and my duck and turkey eggs. :(

Durr they should be OK. When are they due to hatch? If the power stays out a whole lot longer, you may want to consider putting a towel or blanket around the bator to help hold in the heat. Just try not to cover up any vent holes.

Friday's Limerick

In Maine is where SCG sits.
She makes beehives of pieces and bits,
cans jam, and I'm glad,
braves Cessnas for Dad,
and makes sure your straitjacket fits!

This one's better, I really flubbed Thursday's......

clap.gif

Here ya go, I went back and edited it.....

Someone beat me to trukey.

Edited it to "trukey"? What's a trukey?
lau.gif

Thank you. I didn't want to have to be the red pen police again.

droolin.gif
I want one!
lol.png
One of these days I'll figure out how to make them myself.

I think I might have everyone here beat on dressing strangely. I might have to get a pic in a bit.
hide.gif

It's not hard... here's what I used for Dsqard's...
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Strait-Jacket/?ALLSTEPS

And you obviously saw the finished product... didn't use belts:

Back
Top Bottom