**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

I hear cheeping mine shouldn't hatch until tomorrow yep having a cabinet incubator is bad I can fit almost 300 eggs in mine tetris is difficult because of how far the shelf tilts but I stagger the hatches trying to miss events I want to go to..I'm missing a trail ride because I didn't count the days so maybe I need a bit more work on my chicken math LOL After this hatch I will be able to use my turner I must have been going through chick withdrawal I set everything I could. I have 5 broodies as of today one tore chunks out of my hand to get the eggs I will wear my thick gloves tomorrow and trade out her eggs for some I need hatched same with 2 others one will keep what she has and I'll give the other one some I want. These are experienced gals so my plan should work. I have the cutest EE gal who is very good at hiding her pretty eggs but my dog saw her and told me where she was (clever dog I have) and she loves my black Ameracauna guy so hopefully he's the papa and I have a first timer she just has 3 eggs who knows Marans sometimes just stop at 10-12 days so we'll see. I really need to set up a broody battery as I prefer my replacement birds to be chosen from hen raised chicks I just haven't thought out a good plan so instead I put mine in dog kennels after the chicks are hatched I put them in a small pen inside of the regular one then in 2 weeks they go out with everyone my hens continue to mother them forever it that common? I kept several pullets that 2 hens raised and they still mother them..... I think I must be crazy except I have more orders for chicks than what I'm going to hatch customers want girls and I'm hatching for boys wow I lucked out this go round.....I do wish I had a cam set up today I'm throwing the dogs rib bones and Doghouse Dolly my Delaware gal runs up flapping her wings and steals a rib away from my dog I have 3 Jack Russel's who did like to harass my chickens but I've taught them it's much better to leave them alone....Dolly really didn't want the bone she traded it out for a piece of fat....she still goes in their dog house but she hasn't ever laid an egg in there Delawares are very entertaining. Dolly goes everywhere with me in the morning when I'm doing my chores except way out to feed horses but the stall horses she's like inspecting how much I give them and at night she has to sample their grain buckets until I put the beet pulp in that she doesn't like.....then she hops up into her escape spot and goes back in her coop I can't bear to close it up she works and works until she can get out someplace well nite all I hope to keep caught up with you

OK im gonna try and write a poem about the bear cubs in the tree just above my chicken coop

Dogs out side got to pee
pretty soon she starts Barking
Mark goes to the door to see whats up
he soon says Tammy come get this pup

So away i go to Get the Bratt
I look up at the tree
Mark says whats that

A bear cub mark how did it get up there
it had to climb the fence how unfair
i see the second put the dog in the house
I notice my roommate is not a man but a mouse

In the green house he must hide
i tell him not to worry the cubs wont cry
so away to my hens i run like a flash

put them inside and try and hide my egg stash
the bears know where we hide the eggs
Cute little cubs boy was i Brave

My hens where safe the cubs really small but where was the momma after all ?
i hear her on the other side of the fence
i look at the babys and think this doesnt make since

Momma called her little ones thank god they listened
I got to my house and called mark a mouse and he said

That bear was huge ..........

LMAO we only seen the Cubs and they could of been 40 lbs

really cute no threat unless we threatened them i have walked up on mom and cubs feeding and just watched told her it was ok when she seen me and no threat was seen she had a full grown deer down probably died of starvation over the winter .
Love it!

Dolly goes everywhere with me in the morning when I'm doing my chores except way out to feed horses but the stall horses she's like inspecting how much I give them and at night she has to sample their grain buckets until I put the beet pulp in that she doesn't like.....then she hops up into her escape spot and goes back in her coop I can't bear to close it up she works and works until she can get out someplace well nite all I hope to keep caught up with you
I have a lavender Am who is similar to your Dolly. She doesn't follow me around all day but she does insist on checking out the horse feed buckets. She taught Lil Lurkey to check them out too. I started soaking their food one evening and made the mistake of going to refil the chicken waters. When I came back, there is Curious and Lil perched on the side of the wagon happily helping themselves to the horse food. I put a towel on top of the wagon now if they are out freeranging.

th
[COLOR=B22222]Second Annual Cinco De Mayo Turkey Hatch a long Digest 4-10-2013[/COLOR] Windows into cows—Fistulated Cow? They have them at UCD on Picnic Day!
images
Apparently a spot light is required to candle an Emu Egg!:lau It is our fault that wildriverswolf90 has 112 poultry at her house….:confused: Tammy N from Florence Oregon joined us. Now I need to plan my Summer Vacation! I miss Florence Oregon….Tammy N asked about dry hatching Turkeys. Many said yes.[IMG]http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/grinser/grinning-smiley-003.gif[/IMG] OMG! Look at those chicken legs! DURR posted a picture of scaly leg mites infecting a chicken.[IMG]http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/12962/shocked.gif[/IMG] Ceocka will lock down 40 dozen eggs! And then set up for this hatch…..:th Yinepu reminded us that we could eat Emu meat if we hatched them and raised them for a year. What would my Neighbors think—I live in the City—Later(post 1121) ynepu posted a picture a processed baby Emu. I guess it made good stew….:thumbsup ChooksChick posted an “I Am Watching You” message…..It did not stop LFchixranch….
shocked.gif
Tommysgirl is excited(I can tell from the Dancing smiley) to see development in the hatching eggs…Sally Sunshine is sowwy—she candled too….Then contrary to the earlier post, Choookschick posted that it might be ok with her to candle now…[IMG]http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-027.gif[/IMG] ThaiDye is scared of Geese due to a childhood trauma. She keeps her eye on the neighbors Geese and oddly is not bothered by his Pea Fowl. We are concerned for her cat—Allergic to chicks! Has a Nasal Growth too. Poor Kitty!:fl Hot wings joined both BYC and the Turkey hatch! Talk about jumping into the Deep End…..BYC linked to this thread in the News Letter….[IMG]http://www.animated-smileys.com/smileys/drinking/animated-smileys-drinking-006.gif[/IMG] Debs_Flock reminded us that it is only day three….Candling is kind of pointless….Why do I want to Candle…..[IMG]http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv311/Arcticsunpics/whistle.gif[/IMG] Have a great evening not candling...or Candling....I am so confused...Where is the nice Young Man in the White Coat to get me my meds.....
Ron he's coming to take you away Ha Ha He's coming to take you away Ho Ho To the funny farm, where life is beautiful ALL the time!
I think Ron will be taking some underwater basket weaving classes where he can twiddle his thumbs and toes...
Yes, we got some antibiotics, but I feel awful having to dig her out from hiding to give her a pill, clean her wound, or force feed her. Apparently she doesn't want to eat, but she HAS TO! So I rub a couple fungerfuls on the roof of her mouth occasionally. Poor baby. I thought about kitten replacement milk or goat milk, but afraid the milk will counteract the antibiotics. Maybe some good ole fashioned tuna.
Try some baby food chicken - you can use a syringe to squirt it in her mouth. Healing thoughts for your kitty.

frow.gif
I have three and a fourth that pitched a fit over a duck eggs today. Ducky decided to lay an egg where the chickens could see it. Guess where it's at right now?
roll.png

I've had chicks hatching all day!
yesss.gif
Five are out and 2 out of 4 remaining are pipped. Next week I'll have more hatching and the week after that as well. The feed store is going to love me.
lol.png
Send some of those broodies my way!!!

I have a lavender Am who is similar to your Dolly. She doesn't follow me around all day but she does insist on checking out the horse feed buckets. She taught Lil Lurkey to check them out too. I started soaking their food one evening and made the mistake of going to refil the chicken waters. When I came back, there is Curious and Lil perched on the side of the wagon happily helping themselves to the horse food. I put a towel on top of the wagon now if they are out freeranging.
But they LIKE the molasses in the feed mom.
gig.gif
I actually mix sweet feed in my ferment deliberately to spoil my babies.
hide.gif

:celebrate :weee :woot :clap :jumpy :bun :yiipchick

I gave eggs to one of the blue cochin girls, blue, and she stayed on the eggs, :D she is broody!!!!! now if her sister Suede would just go broody i'd be even happier.

:frow Good Morning everyone

celebrate.gif
wee.gif
woot.gif
clap.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I gave eggs to one of the blue cochin girls, blue, and she stayed on the eggs,
big_smile.png
she is broody!!!!! now if her sister Suede would just go broody i'd be even happier.

frow.gif
Good Morning everyone
YAY
wee.gif
congrats on the broody.

Ive only had one chicken go broody one me once. She is a SL cochin and hatched 3 black sexlink girls for me. They are just over 3 weeks old and she is a great momma to them.

My 3 turkeys, their snoods are in, he he.... snood.... such a funny word! Isn't there a Dr Seuss Character named that or something! the Snoods oh no it was that thingin the Lorax everyone needs a snood!
gig.gif

There is a new animated movie out called the Croods, that could be the characters you are thinking of.

Back
Top Bottom