**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Ohmygod I'm franking out I need help please. We are getting a large thunder storm that knocked out power almost an hour ago, the huge system isn't supposed to clear til early morning. I just got off the phone with the power company and they said lightning struck the transformer, and knocked it down. They can't replace it until the storm subsides, and even then it could take up to 2-3 hours to put a new one up and re wire it. I'm looking at possIbly Nine hours without power to my incubator :( will my egg survive, how can I keep the temps from dropping? How do I keep them warm that long so I don't lose them ? HELP

Do you have an alternate source of heat you could use in that room such as a Buddy Heater? I'm not sure what you can do if you can't raise at least the ambient air temp in your room. It would keep the bator from cooling down as fast. Whatever you do, don't open it and let any warm air out

I am not a fan of organ meat.  I have never eaten it until I went to Culinary school where tasting things is part of the class.  I still wont eat MOST organ meat.. Except Foi gra at 32 east in Delray Beach FL.  Forced meat or pate is another topic.  You can keep it, it's kinda like scrapple back home, you never know whats in it.

I don't typically like organ meat either but I happen to be a rabbit liver addict. I make a pâté with a little butter, garlic and herbs. It almost has a slightly sweet taste. Milder than chicken livers and nothing like beef liver.

Ohmygod I'm franking out I need help please. We are getting a large thunder storm that knocked out power almost an hour ago, the huge system isn't supposed to clear til early morning. I just got off the phone with the power company and they said lightning struck the transformer, and knocked it down. They can't replace it until the storm subsides, and even then it could take up to 2-3 hours to put a new one up and re wire it. I'm looking at possIbly Nine hours without power to my incubator
sad.png
will my egg survive, how can I keep the temps from dropping? How do I keep them warm that long so I don't lose them ? HELP

You'll be ok the eggs will be fine at a lower temp for a spell, But you will be waiting longer for the hatch. Wrap the bator in blankets, if you can heat some water up to temp on a gas grill and put it in ziplocks. If you have an inverter you can run it off the car battery.

Who wants broodies? I came home yesterday to 4 new broodies, so now have 6. I decided to try to break the first two bu tossing them in the Juvie Pen. They are hogging the favorite nesting spots and eggs keep getting broken in the fighting :( I think it will work on one but the other found a spot and is hissing and spitting if anyone comes near. I guess I'll giver her a basket and some eggs. Maybe she can raise hatch the tutors for me.
Ok I am intrigued what re tutors???

Thank you all, I don't have anyway to the heat the room it was in, but the rock Idea got me think, I wrapped the bator in blanket stuck it in the bathroom, since this part of the house stays warmer than the rest, and put to little hand pocket warm things in their, they last for up to four hours. and I have two more I can put in later. Bator has been off for four hours and with the two little hand warmers the temp is hovering around 93 degrees.

Last edited:
Thank you all, I don't have anyway to the heat the room it was in, but the rock Idea got me think, I wrapped the bator in blanket stuck it in the bathroom, since this part of the house stays warmer than the rest, and put to little hand pocket warm things in their, they last for up to four hours. and I have two more I can put in later. Bator has been off for four hours and with the two little hand warmers the temp is hovering around 93 degrees.

I used water bottles filled with the hottest water I could get out of the tap to keep eggs warm once. Also, those insta-heat packs for your back might help.

Back
Top Bottom