**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

My chicks were supposed to hatch Friday, and this morning I woke up to a lonely zipper. Upside down to boot!
barnie.gif
I was going to lockdown this afternoon. Don't those boogers have a calendar in there??? I don't like early, early makes me nervous!
th.gif

Wow, I didn't set until Monday night, but all the early hatching is making me nervous. Guess I'll set up the hatcher when I get home tonight.

Quote:
love.gif
Four of our guinea hens are working on building a big clutch over by our compost bin. It's in a protected area, so we're going to let them sit on it and see what happens. Can't wait for keets!
awwwww someday I will get one or two!! awwwwwww what color will they be?

SilkieSensation, it's most likely my error, since I have two more pips this morning. The first little bugger finished hatching at 6am with a little help. I normally don't help, but I noticed that he pipped at the wrong end of the egg, and had completed his zip, but it was too narrow for him to get leverage to push the cap off.

It was funny to watch him come out butt-first though :p. I think turning the eggs till hatch disoriented them, because I have another pip at the wrong end. Ack, these turkeys are going to be the death of me!
My Guinea and Turkey hatch dates were calculated by the hatch date app. The Farmer that I am incubating them for probably did get them from nests so they probably did incubate for a while first.

16 Keets and the two Turkeys are out with three more working. We will see if they make it when I get home from Work.

My uncalibrated gauges both read around 50%, andI had no condensation, so I * think* humidity was in the right range. Temp may have been a little low slightly under 99, but I hate to mess with it too much during lockdown.
I'm not disappointed, I can always try more!

My chicks were supposed to hatch Friday, and this morning I woke up to a lonely zipper. Upside down to boot!
barnie.gif
I was going to lockdown this afternoon. Don't those boogers have a calendar in there??? I don't like early, early makes me nervous!
th.gif
Early is always better than late.....................late makes me nervous.

Although, a couple of hatches ago I went to pull eggs to lock them down, there were five pipped and two chicks had fallen through from the second shelf and were walking around the bottom. But they were all serama, notoriously early...............my fault for not checking them sooner.

Last edited:
Daaaaw... Just caught a glimpse of a hatchling under my broody chicken, and another pip. A day early. Mama seems to being doing her job beautifully. Squee, my first broody hatch! Now to just get her over the how-to-Mama hump!

Back
Top Bottom