**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Here is a picture of the two Turkey Poults that hatched:

love.gif
Adorable!

Here I was thinking about lockdown tomorrow for this hatch, and thrilling at everybody's hatchlings so early.... And one of my tutor chicks was out and all dry and fluffy when I just glanced at the incubator! Luckily the Brinsea Octafon20 is in a turner cradle, so the baby has only gone for some gentle rides from side to side for the day.

I grabbed my second EcoGlow20 brooder "heater" and started to set up another brooder bin... But I have Punkin with 3 five day old chicks she incubated, hatched, and is caring for in the dog bed. Hmmmm.

Yup! She accepted it! The little bugger crawled right under her.
:love

I'm waiting until Thursday to candle for the last time the remaining six eggs under my broody. They are due on the evening of the 6th. I don't have much hope for them as the USPS scrambled them good and I'm hoping I can put some chicks under her. I've got to make a run to the feed store tomorrow for some more chick starter.

The other 28 are on day 4 in my Brinsea... I won't candle them for another 6 days.

On a very positive note, another four of my November pullets have started laying so I'm back in eggs again (after rehoming my entire Icelandic flock).

MARANS ARE HATCHING MARANS are HATCHING ,,,, and i think one Welsummer YEAH

so far there are 10 some are different colors and then Now get this my show brahmas are in too and all those mixed birds OMG what am i gonna o they where tests but now ?

they are cross between a Brahma roo and the hens are Brahma,RIR,Astralorps,and Barred Rocks ............ what should i sell them for they will make great meat and egg birds

MARANS ARE HATCHING MARANS are HATCHING ,,,, and i think one Welsummer YEAH

so far there are 10 some are different colors and then Now get this my show brahmas are in too and all those mixed birds OMG what am i gonna o they where tests but now ?

they are cross between a Brahma roo and the hens are Brahma,RIR,Astralorps,and Barred Rocks ............ what should i sell them for they will make great meat and egg birds
Congratulations! I was just up candling and saw your post...Marans and Welsummers are so dark that they seem hard to hatch so kudos to you, you must have done an awesome job incubating
bow.gif
. Did you do dry incubation? I'm trying that this time with some Barnevelder eggs and have 27 of 30 developing at day 10. So excited for hatch day!! I'm trying not to get my hopes up that they all will hatch as well as yours are hatching, but then I read posts about how well yours and others hatches are going and hope springs eternal...lol.

Back
Top Bottom