**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Quote: I bought it last year, but no one wanted to deal with it. Dad did a really good job treating them with just seven dust and they haven't made a repeat appearance. That stuff scares me.
I don't know why it scares you, I believe it's used for parasites in humans as well. Like I say, I've had the liquid on my hands countless times (very large flock here) and even had it get splattered across my lips when a chicken suddenly flapped it's wing. No ill effect, but I'm not pregnant either, I'd be more careful then.
Now that I've gone back and read the box again I have no idea what it was that scared me so much.
lol.png

I bought it last year, but no one wanted to deal with it. Dad did a really good job treating them with just seven dust and they haven't made a repeat appearance. That stuff scares me.
Early in a pregnancy, Ivermectin would scare me, too, but at this stage of the game not so much. Carbaryl, though (the active ingredient in Sevin) - that stuff is NASTY!

Quote: I bought it last year, but no one wanted to deal with it. Dad did a really good job treating them with just seven dust and they haven't made a repeat appearance. That stuff scares me.
I don't know why it scares you, I believe it's used for parasites in humans as well. Like I say, I've had the liquid on my hands countless times (very large flock here) and even had it get splattered across my lips when a chicken suddenly flapped it's wing. No ill effect, but I'm not pregnant either, I'd be more careful then.
Now that I've gone back and read the box again I have no idea what it was that scared me so much.
lol.png

I use Ivermectin all the time, have had it spilled all over me & splashed in my face as well. It tingles a bit (like rubbing alcohol) as it dries on your skin but other than that I haven't noticed any effects from it at all. If you really want rid of it, PM me & I'll swap ya some more eggies for it.
wink.png

Quote: Sevin is much more toxic & is NOT recommended for use on animals. It's actually illegal to use it on animals according to the labeling.

My baby chicks arrived at the PO at 8:45AM and I had them in the Laree brooder by 9:15AM and they'll go under the broody mama about 8 or 9 PM tonight. I'll move her into a pet carrier with the eggs due to hatch on Sunday I know most hens will stay right on the eggs even with chicks. I'll candle and take out the obvious quitters. LOVE KATHYINMO!!! She has the most beautiful Delawares on the planet!!!

My baby chicks arrived at the PO at 8:45AM and I had them in the Laree brooder by 9:15AM and they'll go under the broody mama about 8 or 9 PM tonight. I'll move her into a pet carrier with the eggs due to hatch on Sunday I know most hens will stay right on the eggs even with chicks. I'll candle and take out the obvious quitters. LOVE KATHYINMO!!! She has the most beautiful Delawares on the planet!!!
Congrats Mahonri!

Back
Top Bottom