**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Congrats to everyone that has babies hatching!!!
jumpy.gif
They are all adorable!

IT'S a CINCO de MAYO MIRACLE!!

Remember yesterday we took the remaining cold eggs out from under the broody who had kicked them aside and the eggs were cold? We candled them and put the big green egg and one of the brown eggs into the Brinsea with the other 25 eggs due on the 18th.

Well, the brown egg is ZIPPING!!!

I may yet have a NAKED NECK!

Well, somehow I totally forgot that I added two fresh eggs to the bator a day after I set the majority of the batch, so 2 are due 5/7 (If both of them made it to lock down, which I'm not sure...good thing I wrote "5/7" on the eggs so I would remember! lol! Anyways...somewhat good news is...I have 1 egg rocking! The rest aren't doing anything...I'm so tempted to candle, but I want to give them the best chance, so on my hands I sit. no pips, no other rocking that I've noticed...other eggs are due today, but I've had spikes, and dips so thinking they could go late...all but one (or was it two?) of my aircells looked too small, so we'll see.

I had a homemade bator to start...I can't believe 100w isn't getting it up to temp! I had to get a 25 watt bulb because 40 was giving me a temp of 118!

I really need the bigger temporary coop done, and I need to finish the garden plans and seed ordering...and hopefully I'll get the seedlings planted today. I swear if we get another frost I think I'll scream! lol

Quote: Blue x Blue gives you Blue, black or Splash

th

Second Annual Cinco De Mayo Turkey Hatch a long Digest 5-5-2013

Silkie Sensation is getting a new incubator! It all has something to do with visiting an old farmer and making the DH turn the eggs…So lucky….
wee.gif
barnie.gif
The humidity refuses to go above 35% and I don't want to open the bator. SilkieSensation told me that the humidity should be at 40% for the quail to hatch. I guess it's time to go find something to add water with. I can't wait until they start hatching!

I haven't checked in on the broody yet, but considering the fact that I checked on them around 3 I think it's safe to say I might have at least one chick hatched. I'm going to check on them in a bit and give a count on what's hatched so far.
Just toss a wet paper towel in there real quick & shut the lid. I hatch cots around 0% for still air. If you have a fan it will need to be around 50%. Once they start hatching they go really fast.
I'm so used to chicks making noise way before they pip. So imagine my shock when I looked in the bator after I decided to get out of bed! I have one pip so far, but the humidity is still too low. I'm about to fix it though. Here's hoping I don't have any more problems.

Well, Dar?

I didn't dare put it under the broody, as I figured at this point she'd kill it.

IT ZIPPED IN LIKE FIVE MINUTES!!!!

So, I stole two Delawares from the Broody Mama and put little "Milagro" (that's Miracle in Español) in the Laree brooder with them.

My kids were freaking at the NAKEDNESS of the neck!!!

Back
Top Bottom