**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

A pic would help, but that sounds more like niacin deficiency to me.

A pic would help, but that sounds more like niacin deficiency to me.
Sorry for the multiple posts reply, doing this from my phone & it's pretty foreign.
We feed a turkey starter from Hiland naturals and I put vitamins in the water the first couple days then every other day... No one else has any problems, we have 13 that are 3-4 weeks old and the 5 from this hatch.

Quote: Sometimes you just have 1 that can't absorb the niacin as well & needs extra. I have a BBW poult that's about 13 weeks old that I didn't catch it on early enough & her leg twists side ways at the knee like that. Part of her toes scrunch under too because she walks on them weird from her leg being crooked.
x2

I would absolutely go with a drop of Poly-vi-Sol without iron, twice per day for a few days. It literally can cure leg problems like that overnight.

Howdy, all!

Heads up as you all are browsing for eggs, chicks, etc...a local BYC breeder has had her entire flock stolen.

Here's the post:

MISSING BIRDS FROM REVOLUTIONMAMA RANCH STOLEN ON
MAY 11TH
FROM 951 E. 1000 RD., LAWRENCE, KS

1 JUBILEE ENGLISH ORPINGTON ROOSTER
2 BLACK ENGLISH ORPINGTON HENS
1 BLACK ENGLISH ORPINGTON ROOSTER
4 CHOCOLATE ENGLISH ORPINGTON HENS
1 WHEATON Ameraucana ROOSTER
1 BLACK Ameraucana ROOSTER
2 CHOCOLATE Ameraucana HENS
4 BLACK Ameraucana juvenileS
2 CREAM LEGBAR juvenileS
TRIO OF RED SUSSEX
2 CORONATION HENS
3 BUFF SUSSEX HENS
1 BUFF SUSSEX ROOSTER
2 LAVENDER ORPINGTON HENS 1 ENGLISH / 1 AMERICAN
1 LAVENDER ORPINGTON ROOSTER
5 PURE BLACK HENS
5 BLACK/GOLD/SILVER ROOSTERS
PAIR OF GOLD LACED BRAHMA'S
1 BUFF LACED BRAHMA ROOSTER
4 SWEDISH FLOWER HENS
2 SWEDISH FLOWER HEN ROOSTERS
PAIR OF BLUE ISBARS
10 HEDEMORA CHICKENS LOTS OF COLORS
2 ADULT INDIAN RUNNER DUCKS - GREY AND THE OTHER IS WHITE

2 JUVENILE PEKIN DUCKS
1 JUVENILE RUNNER DUCK MY SONS FAVORITE BIRD, HE WAS BROUGHT TO TEARS WHEN I TOLD HIM

THERE ARE MORE, I JUST WANTED TO GET THE LIST OUT THERE

These aren't mine, but were less than 20 miles away, and it's just one of several thefts in the area. Keep your eyes open where you are, and be safe!!

Howdy, all!

Heads up as you all are browsing for eggs, chicks, etc...a local BYC breeder has had her entire flock stolen.

Here's the post:

MISSING BIRDS FROM REVOLUTIONMAMA RANCH STOLEN ON
MAY 11TH
FROM 951 E. 1000 RD., LAWRENCE, KS

1 JUBILEE ENGLISH ORPINGTON ROOSTER
2 BLACK ENGLISH ORPINGTON HENS
1 BLACK ENGLISH ORPINGTON ROOSTER
4 CHOCOLATE ENGLISH ORPINGTON HENS
1 WHEATON Ameraucana ROOSTER
1 BLACK Ameraucana ROOSTER
2 CHOCOLATE Ameraucana HENS
4 BLACK Ameraucana juvenileS
2 CREAM LEGBAR juvenileS
TRIO OF RED SUSSEX
2 CORONATION HENS
3 BUFF SUSSEX HENS
1 BUFF SUSSEX ROOSTER
2 LAVENDER ORPINGTON HENS 1 ENGLISH / 1 AMERICAN
1 LAVENDER ORPINGTON ROOSTER
5 PURE BLACK HENS
5 BLACK/GOLD/SILVER ROOSTERS
PAIR OF GOLD LACED BRAHMA'S
1 BUFF LACED BRAHMA ROOSTER
4 SWEDISH FLOWER HENS
2 SWEDISH FLOWER HEN ROOSTERS
PAIR OF BLUE ISBARS
10 HEDEMORA CHICKENS LOTS OF COLORS
2 ADULT INDIAN RUNNER DUCKS - GREY AND THE OTHER IS WHITE

2 JUVENILE PEKIN DUCKS
1 JUVENILE RUNNER DUCK MY SONS FAVORITE BIRD, HE WAS BROUGHT TO TEARS WHEN I TOLD HIM

THERE ARE MORE, I JUST WANTED TO GET THE LIST OUT THERE

These aren't mine, but were less than 20 miles away, and it's just one of several thefts in the area. Keep your eyes open where you are, and be safe!!
This is what I worry about. I had someone contact me through my personal e-mail that I had posted on here for paypal the other day wanting my address to send me a money order to buy $300 worth of Pekins & eggs that I didn't even have available. They kept wanting to know my address & said they lived in Arkansas or somewhere & would have someone pick the birds & eggs up for them. I told them they could meet me off my property to pick up birds & eggs with cash in hand that I did not allow customers on my property (I do, but they sounded fishy to me so they weren't getting my address for ANYTHING). I never heard back after that. I think they saw my flock list in my siggy & were planning to steal stuff once they had my address.

Quote: Poly-vi-sol is liquid baby vitamins so Wal-Mart or any drug store should have it.

Last edited:
These were our first turkeys and I love them. So much more affectionate than chicks. We hatched with tutor chicks to teach them how to eat and drink. It worked great, but I wasn't expecting the turkeys to teach the chicks how to be extra sweet and snuggly as well. Now when the turkeys cuddle under my hand, the chicks get jealous and come over too.
love.gif
Has anyone else noticed this?
Jill, I have noticed this too. The chicks raised with turkeys are much more friendly.
Quote: Poly-vi-sol is liquid baby vitamins so Wal-Mart or any drug store should have it.
Walmart is where I get mine too. Do check the box and make sure it doesn't have iron in it. They sell the two types right next to each other.

Back
Top Bottom