**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Took a picture of the Cinco de Mayo poults today!
One is not shown.....too far to the left to fit in the photo.......

Last edited:
I believe I was right with my "many toms" theory:

I was cleaning out the coop today and I thought I heard a gobble. I come out of the coop and around it to the back to find both the white turkeys, one blue and the darker of the browns all puffed up and gobbling and fighting. I didn't realize they'd do that at this young of an age! Their faces are pretty warty and red when they do it, too. It's ridiculous, and made me giggle.

How old/big should I let my poults get before adding them in with my trio. I have 1 that's about 3 1/2 months old & 1/3 to 1/2 grown (thinking hen) & was wondering when it can go in with my adult trio.

Our boys are learning to crow already, have been working on it for about 2 weeks now. The hens raised from the cinco de mayo hatch have been by far the friendliest chickens we have ever had. They are all part white leghorn/ameraucana and some other mixes.

This little hen is by far my favorite. Whenever we walk down by the coop she will fly up to the roof and walk up to us to be pet and roost on our arm if we want her to. Very friendly and personable for being part white leghorn(Rooster was 1/2, hens were 1/2 WL).

Here are 3 of our hens at their new home, first time chicken owners. I was able to experiment with the type of coop i wanted to build by building it for my friend first for their chickens.

Yes, good job everyone!

My hatch of Two Turkeys and all those Guinea Keats are doing fine at the Egg Farm!

Some of our Cinco de Mayo poults ranging in the yard. :)

Back
Top Bottom