second egg today

TomandBarbara

Songster
10 Years
Aug 26, 2012
Greater London UK
Please read I need some advise. I have a gorgeous 1year Columbian Blacktail,Rosalie who at 7am yesterday laid hee usual egg.however at 7:45 last night she laid another. this one however had a very thin shell that when picked up collapsed. it was normal inside yolk white etc.Rosalie seemed fine and went to bed about an hour later. this morning she is fill of energy and has just laid another egg. Perfectly normal fully developed. should I be worried as I've never heard aboutthis?thanks

You will always get some weird eggs from your girls, don't worry about it! As long as they aren't always like that and just the odd one or two then there is nothing wrong. If the egg shells are still thin, they could need some oyster shells/grit.

Thanks for replying. she laid a perfectly normal egg earlier but still a little apprehensive. guess I'll be like that for a while being I'm still new to all things hen. X

Thanks for replying. she laid a perfectly normal egg earlier but still a little apprehensive. guess I'll be like that for a while being I'm still new to all things hen. X
When one of mine lays a thin shelled or egg w/out shell, I give them a 500mg calcium pill.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom