So I will be honest, I plugged in my first incubator and received my first shipped eggs and couldn't wait. I just jumped up and put them right in the incubator at the factory settings (I had it plugged in two days ahead of the eggs arriving so I did have it on at least). Long story short I don't know if I made any mistakes really or if I didn't because I honestly just set the incubator for twenty one days and on day 21 I had two little chicks hatch out. I was addicted to it from day 20 or so when the first one pipped. I knew there was going to be a second hatch. Turns out there are now 2 incubators. I knew nothing, I still don't know much but I have done more reading and rereading...I plan to try and be better this time around. To actually take notes and check humidity rather than just believing blindly. I ordered some eggs from a very lovely and kind BYCer and today I start with documenting if I can do this correctly. To start I plugged in my Brinsea Mini Advanced and my Brinsea Mini Eco on the 17th. THE ECO Setup I put my hydrometer in the Eco first to check if it had a good temp reading on its internal thermometer. I get a 1 degree reading difference at the factory setting. Thermometer inside is reading 98 and the outside thermometer is saying 97. Adjusted the incubator manually with a slim screwdriver. Today 8/19 before putting the eggs in I am getting a 98.4 on the external thermometer I purchased an a 99 almost 100 on the internal mercury thermometer. I am thinking of leaving it that way. Humidity is at 48% with half the pot full. Okay so my husband convinced me to notch it up slightly...after half an hour we have a temp of 99.1 on the external and 100 slightly more but not 101 on the internal. I will have to manually turn these and plan to do so three times a day. THE ADVANCED Setup I placed the hydrometer in the Advanced to see what was going on and I have to say it was a .2 difference. I have the Advanced setup to 99.5 and the reading on the external thermometer is 99.7. With no water in the pot I got a humidty of 28%. (Background on this is that I used this to hatch my first chicks and only filled the pot on candling days, which left it dry by the next time I candled.) I plan to leave this one dry most of the time and fill only on candling days again I think. This is set to auto turn. THE EGGS My eggs are shipped eggs from Florida to New York. They came by 2 day express packed beautifully in a double box method with individual bubble wrap. Eggs arrived around 2pm EST and I unpacked them all to find 14 Eggs in total and all in tact. Egg 1-8 are Rhodebar eggs Egg 9-14 are Cream Legbar eggs I plan to put 3 of the CL eggs in each incubator and 4 R eggs in each. I have candled and taken pictures of each egg. I also tried to weigh each egg but as I am using a non digital egg scale some won't register. I will post individual egg information later. Company is here!