Second Hatch, this time I will actually TRY to do things right.

I recently bought brineea mini Eco incubator and placed 12 bantams eggs in . I am a bit concerned about the thermometer reading . I have bought one from eBay which is digital . The reading on brineea built in thermometer is giving 37.5 but the digital thermometer is saying 35.2 . Could it be that the brineea thermometer is hanging in the middle and the digital is on the floor/ base of the incubator

Last edited:
I wondered that myself but I have found that the brinsea thermometer is a bit off, I used three different thermometers and find that I trust my new external more than the brinsea.

So day 14 candle is done...here are the results (I am surprised by them)

Eco:
Eggs 1,4,13,3,12,2,14 All Moving and developing similarly

Advanced:
Egg 8 nothing
Eggs 6 & 10 early stop
11 Developing a lot slower than others, may have stopped but I thought I saw movement so left it alone
Eggs 7,9,5 All moving and developing well, similar if not the same in size as the eggs in the eco.

A note to add is that I stopped turning the eggs in the eco for day 12-14. I made the choice that I would be away from the eggs and rather than trust anyone with them I turned them right before I walked out the door and as soon as I came in but they sat alone for over 48hrs.

Did you change the setting in brinsea thermometer as I have experimented by leave exterior thermometer on the top of the eggs and it clearly showed 37.5 . I was relieved but still just to put my mind on rest. I gave a call to brinsea manufacturer and they also advised me to place the thermometer on top of the eggs and then take the reading . So far the interior /manufacture thermometer is constant on 37.5 and the exterior which I have placed back on the base is giving me 35.1 so I think that due to air circulation the thermometer is reading on the low side but as I have experimented when the thermometer is on the top of the eggs it reads 37.5 .
I am hoping and very excited and at the same time very nervous about the eggs hatching . Today is my only seconds day on incubation. Wish me luck .
Can I candle my white eggs in day 3

To sallysac:
I have just calculated 96 degree f into Celsius , and its is right my exterior is giving me the same reading so that means our both exterior thermometer are correct.
So when you bought the third thermometer did you change original manufacturer thermometer setting so that your third thermometer has started giving you the same reading as on the manufacturer thermometer?
Your hatching rate is good .
Now my worry is the humidity , without any water added to the bator the reading according to the self bought thermometer/hygrometer (as you can see on ther pic above) give me about 47% now but today morning when I woke up the humidity had fallen to 36% so I added about couple of water drops and then it shot up to 53% and after whole day it has stopped on 47%

I just fill it to half the pot full. I don't worry if it dips down below 30 for a bit because it swings back up....I notice the egg air cell looks appropriate based on the charts I have seen and I feel like that is a better indication than trying to constantly tweak because of the hygrometer. I have one thermometer that was an egg shape and was supposed to give you the internal egg temp. I reset the manufacturer setting and was happy when I have that thermometer reading almost 101 and my external 2 reading 99.6-99.7

How did you reset the bator thermometer to manufacturer settings and what stage do you start monitoring the air sac growth?

Last edited:
you can put a small screwdriver in to adjust the temperature, that is all i did. slight adjustments make huge differences. Every candling.

Back
Top Bottom