May 26, 2020
Hi! It is the second laying season for two of my turkey hens, and there is zero evidence of them laying eggs. My young hens (their kids) have been laying for 2 weeks now.
My question is, is it normal for second season layers to lay later than the first season? Any info will help, thank you!!

Hi! It is the second laying season for two of my turkey hens, and there is zero evidence of them laying eggs. My young hens (their kids) have been laying for 2 weeks now.
My question is, is it normal for second season layers to lay later than the first season? Any info will help, thank you!!
Yes, it is normal for turkey hens to start laying later each year as they age. It is also normal for them to be sneakier about where they are laying their eggs.

Yes, it is normal for turkey hens to start laying later each year as they age. It is also normal for them to be sneakier about where they are laying their eggs.
So true. I free range mine and it’s always fun trying to locate some of there nest. I had one last year that nested three hundred yards from the coop and had a heck of a time finding it. Took me two days of just watching her and slowly following her from a distance. It’s amazing how well they blend it

Back
Top Bottom