Wondering what everyone's opinions on this are - We have chicks right now - eight of them - that will be nearly 5 months old in August. We want to double the size of our flock. I was thinking of ordering another batch of eight from a hatchery, and to get the breeds I want, the earliest I can get them is the last week of July/first week of August. We are going to drive the five hours to pick them up, since I don't want them to be shipped when it is that hot. Our hope is that after living in side by side pens until the little ones are a few months old, we will be able to combine the flocks by November or so so they can all winter together. I am hoping that this way there will be less aggression as they will be introduced at a younger age. Or would it be better to wait until the Spring and have a year difference in age? What do you guys think?