chicksat1month022.jpg

rir ??
chicksat1month024.jpg

rir
chicksat1month025.jpg

nhr ??
chicksat1month027.jpg

theres one more nhr lookin one ... but i didnt get a good pic of it =/

First one is a Buff Orpinton. The darker red feathered ones look like Rhode Island Reds and the lighter red look like New Hampshire Reds to me. I picked up two each of those breeds this spring and they are the friendliest birds I've ever had.

my NHRs actually all had darker feathers around that age
hide.gif

Maybe the store gave me the wrong breed...
pop.gif

im not sure what they are .. yet .. lol .. i was just guessing by their color .. they could also be buckeyes ?? but since i dont know anything about them .. just asuming these are rir and nhr .. maybe one buckeye .. or just one rir ... one chick is much darker than the others .. so im not sure .. ?

Buckeyes have pea combs.
wink.png

They're exactly as labelled.

Also one must consider, yes, New Hampshires (no red in the name, it's something hatcheries made up) can vary a lot because a lot of them likely have red mixed in them or are just simply so far from the standard, all they really are is "orange or red laying chickens."
wink.png

lso one was yellow when it arrived.. i thought it was a orp like the other .. but now hes red ... ? the other reds were all orange at birth .. not yelllow ... =/ he confuses me .. lol ? would he be something other than rir or nhr ? single comb still .. ? hes the last one i got pics of .. on here ..

Back
Top Bottom