Second Time Hatching — shipped & backyard eggs

It’s the candler that came with the Farm Innovators 4250 incubator. It looks like a flashlight with its own power cord.
43859EDE-FB86-4855-8B37-F136EBE46AD7.jpeg

does it look like this? if so, i have that candler and i think it’s garbage. definitely not bright enough in my opinion.

this is what I’ve been using to candle. it’s a really bright LED flashlight
7262CD5E-380A-4378-A52C-21224814E626.jpeg

link to it:
https://www.target.com/p/energizer-...KOdZ2paSJKOYlzY0ls0aArBVEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

That’s the one! Good light or not I’m pretty sure I’ve got a bunch of not fertile or just didn’t make it. I messed up and had them turned the wrong way from the beginning but turned them over and tried anyway. They went 3 days big end down.
00F2958F-7FC6-42A9-9F79-580DA2E93077.jpeg
EEB1F0EF-9643-4397-8864-1719B8A5DD31.jpeg
07D5B221-5B49-4274-A0E1-6591BB8F2101.jpeg
E1F99B99-9451-4AAF-B0AE-7308465BC2E0.jpeg

Here’s 4 examples that represent my entire batch.

That’s the one! Good light or not I’m pretty sure I’ve got a bunch of not fertile or just didn’t make it. I messed up and had them turned the wrong way from the beginning but turned them over and tried anyway. They went 3 days big end down. View attachment 2506356View attachment 2506359View attachment 2506360View attachment 2506361
Here’s 4 examples that represent my entire batch.
That bottom one looks like there’s something in it, but I can’t really tell. have you tried candling them from the side?

That bottom one looks like there’s something in it, but I can’t really tell. have you tried candling them from the side?
I did. It’s really the same story. I didn’t take pics because it wasn’t anymore revealing than the other. I even tried my iPhone light and it was about the same.

I did. It’s really the same story. I didn’t take pics because it wasn’t anymore revealing than the other. I even tried my iPhone light and it was about the same.
Huh, then it does look like a bust. Maybe wait a few more days? Or you can just toss them and start on another round with new eggs

Huh, then it does look like a bust. Maybe wait a few more days? Or you can just toss them and start on another round with new eggs
Ima get my own NR360 and start fresh. Even though it was a bust, I still want to hatch my own eggs. I’ll give my borrowed incubator back to its owner and move forward with something that I at least opened up for the first time myself and have everything I’m supposed to have. I only wasted 14 eggs. I wanted to fill it up but my wife convinced me to take it easy first time around. It does still suck to waste 14 but we live and learn. Thanks for all the help! I’ll be keeping up with your 2nd hatch.

Ima get my own NR360 and start fresh. Even though it was a bust, I still want to hatch my own eggs. I’ll give my borrowed incubator back to its owner and move forward with something that I at least opened up for the first time myself and have everything I’m supposed to have. I only wasted 14 eggs. I wanted to fill it up but my wife convinced me to take it easy first time around. It does still suck to waste 14 but we live and learn. Thanks for all the help! I’ll be keeping up with your 2nd hatch.
Sorry about the way it turned out. Though, hopefully those were all eggs from your chickens and you didn’t lose money on anything. Hope you like your NR360. I certainly do and I think it’s a good beginner incubator.

Back
Top Bottom