Second Time Hatching — shipped & backyard eggs

Pics
So, I think I would’ve had an even better hatch rate if I had turned the eggs more while I was waiting to have enough to put them in the incubator. 3 of the DIS were real early quitters ( not sure if that’s better than a late quitter ) and I’m wondering if that had something to do with me forgetting to turn them in the carton for a day or two? The last embryo looked like it died around day 7-8 and I think it had some kind of deformity? I’m not sure, though, because I’m not sure if what I see is normal or not and I’m still new to this

I’m wondering if that had something to do with me forgetting to turn them in the carton for a day or two?
Doubtful.

The last embryo looked like it died around day 7-8 and I think it had some kind of deformity?
Did you open up egg?

I’m not sure, though, because I’m not sure if what I see is normal or not and I’m still new to this
Takes time and experience....even then sometimes there's no figuring why an egg stops developing.

13 eggs from local dude are a bust. They originally gave me 18 of their eggs and I only have 5 that are alive. The rest look like there wasn’t even any development at all, so I’m going to assume their rooster is REALLY slacking. I think I was able to catch the 2006 incubator fluctuations in time, because the eggs from my chickens were alive. It’s day 7 for them. How hard are blue eggs to candle? LD had given me 4 blue eggs and they were among the ones that didn’t look like there was any development.

Back
Top Bottom