Section for Favorite Threads

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Poulets De Cajun, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

This just occured to me while looking over the incubator making thread and an egg art thread that was supplied to me.

Would there be a way to create a section where members can keep all their favorite threads? And a button next to the "subscribe to this thread" button that would automatically add a thread to our favorites section?

There are so many "How To" threads that it gets hard to keep track of them all...

And if thats not possible, perhaps a way for members to vote for a thread to be added to the "users favorite" section, and once the thread get a set number of votes it is added as a sticky?

2. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    That's a really GREAT idea.

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    no [​IMG]

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    That is a good idea!

In the meantime, can you create a folder in your 'favorites" or "bookmarks" and add the page to that? Would that work as a temporary measure?

5. Poulets De Cajun

hmmm... I didn't think about the favorites thing... I guess I could!

Only problem with that is we can't share favorites that way. But none the less... I've planted the bug! LOL

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Yup that would be cool, and the more people that added a thread to favorites the more it would move up the list.

Of course there may be a problem with people spamming a thread and getting friends to add it to their favs just to get it up on the list.

I'll add it to the list I have for suggestions. Not a trivial project, but very interesting.

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I think PdC means like having a personal list to add favorite threads to, not the most popular threads for everyone to see.

8. Poulets De Cajun

Well either way it would be nice.

We could either have a space where we could keep personal favorites. Like maybe in our profile section have a "favorites" area, and each time we clicked "Add To Favorites" it would add the link to a list. And then in the part that has our information to the left of messages, there could be a link added next to "PM" that says "View My Favorites" or something of the like, so that we could share our favorites with others.

And if that didn't work, we could have a place were messages that are voted favorites like the members could accumulcate.

Kinda like a "Best of" section where sticky's could be kept. MissPrissys incubator building thread would be a good one, Gopherboyfarms current incubator building thread would be a good one, LCRT's polymer clay egg art thread would be another good one. Threads that are a "lesson" of sorts, and not just a conversation...

Terrie,
    I was able to use the favorites thing. I dont use them often, if at all so I forget about bookmarks and favorites. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2008
  9. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* I foresee one possible problem: All the threads connected to the Great 2OO8 BYC April Fool's Day "Hack" would take most of the space just by themselves. [​IMG]

10. Poulets De Cajun

I read some of those! GREAT STUFF! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by