Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
13 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
Thank you @Ridgerunner !

We haven't been able to duplicate or find the issue, so I'm hoping it's either super isolated or maybe other peeps can shed light that will help us discover a fix.

If any other members are seeing a similar certificate error, please reply with what browser and version you're using.

Ridgerunner

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Feb 2, 2009
Southeast Louisiana
Since I started this thread it has stopped. I haven't seen it again, here or any other site. I did not change a thing, browser or anything else.

It would sometimes show up on other sites but the worst was this chicken forum. It was showing up am few times a day every day, the only way to unlock the computer was to close out Explorer. Then suddenly it stopped.

If it happens again I'll view the certificate and see what I can capture on a screenshot.

Thanks

Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
13 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
Ok, an update: We're working to find a solution! Fortunately there shouldn't be any security risks associated with that message... just an inconvenience.

We work with a bunch of different ad-networks to try and make sure we have a good mix of advertising for our site visitors. Unfortunately this makes it tricky to isolate and find a solution.

So, hopefully we'll be able to identify the source and find a fix, but in the meantime here is what our advertising guy suggested:

"Generally the solution is that a user has to manually delete the cookie from their browser."

Top Bottom