See how we've grown

I love, love, love how you documented your chicks' growth once a week. I wish I had done that with mine! They grow so fast and it will be great to have those photos to compare the then and now.

I am a lousy photographer, but here's my chicks:

New - 1 week old!
food.jpg

two weeks:
hello.jpg

three weeks:
what.jpg

Four weeks:

4weeks.jpg

Six weeks:

compost2.jpg

I missed a week, and couldn't get them to all stay together this week, but it's a pretty good chronicle of their growth so far.

Wow, that would be an AWESOME poster!! I agree.
smile.png
What camera do you have? Nikon D80?
big_smile.png
I can't believe that's all there is to your setup- 3 foam boards?! Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

GREAT PICS FROM BOTH OF YOU!!! I love the way you keep a record of how they are growing, I took pics of mine from one to 5 weeks and now they are 8 and I think I need to take some more of them. They just grew way to fast and look at all these cute babies and I am getting impatient for mine to come. I have 14 days to wait and it seems like an eternity. Trudy
love.gif
love.gif

A Nikon!?!? Just kidding.
smile.png
I have a Canon 30D. I'll take a photo of my setup soon so you can see how basic it is. Really it was just a way to trap them to photograph them...but I ended up liking my results and kept doing it. The bottom piece is a little poop stained now, but I just clone that out in photoshop.

MiniDriver,

Those are good pics. I love the expressions on the 2 week olds. I found my chicks were the most photogenic between 2 and 3 weeks. Now they squawk and run away (you'd think they'd be used to it by now).

I was actually thinking of doing something like that, myself. I have been searching the net trying to find pics of the two types of chicks I have ( Faverolles and Speckled Sussex), if for no other reason than to try and determine their sex (everyone says sexing Favs is easy, but darned if I know what I got
barnie.gif
). I thought I'd do a weekly chronicle and everyone (who doesn't already know) could learn with me. I'm no where near as good a photograper, but we need to start somewhere. Thanks for the idea about background. Maybe if people with different breeds did the same we could have a library of reference pics for newbies (like me ) to look up for comparission. Nice job, by the way.
thumbsup.gif
The pics looked great! Ray

Back
Top Bottom