Seeking Info on new "Asia Black" Chicken "Breed"

Pics
This is a picture of my roo Vash. He was claimed to be one of these Asian Blacks. Anyone know if he looks like he is supposed to? Does he look like something else? I don't trust TS anymore because half of the chicks I got from them were not what they claimed them to be. And since this was my first chicken venture, I didn't know better :/

- just a couple days old

- About 2 months

- today at 7.5 months

Heh for what its worth the hen below him was claimed to be an asian black as well :/
Uh oh. I took a chance that they were some kind of new black sexlinks. They were sold straight run and I picked little critters with black legs thinking they would be female. Lord, have mercy. I have 10 food and cocktails already of different breeds and just wanted another half dozen layers. All of mine at 3 weeks of age look like your picture of the of the little cheaper that turned out to be a cocktail. Wah! Sob! Bawl! Sniff...

Hey I had some black giants raised in a separate pen and we put them in the pen with our other chickens and they killed our black giants does anyone know why

I have 5 Asia black pullets from tc as well and these hens are vicious and gang up on my other pullets in my coop it has gotten so bad I have had to isolate them in a dog crate from the loss of four pullets by these Asia blacks I do not like them and would not reccomend them to anyone who has a flock I am taking these five unruly aggressive pullets to the next livestock auction and washing my hands of them

It's a breed, just a new, unrecognized breed developed by Hoover's that probably will never catch on. Every backyard breed, whether it be Australorp or Rhode Island Red, was once just as new as an Asia Black or Asia BlluE. I ended up with 16 Asia Blues by mistake when I ordered Australops from Hover and they packed the wrong breed in the box. They're calm and pretty descent layers. Very hardy, as I haven't had any losses after eleven months. Hardiness and multipurpose is what they were breeding for from what I've gathered.
I have 4 of these pullets and 2 cockerels. All my default along with most of the people that have them lol. At what age did they start laying and what color/size are their eggs?

Thank you!

This is a picture of my roo Vash. He was claimed to be one of these Asian Blacks. Anyone know if he looks like he is supposed to? Does he look like something else? I don't trust TS anymore because half of the chicks I got from them were not what they claimed them to be. And since this was my first chicken venture, I didn't know better :/

- just a couple days old

- About 2 months

- today at 7.5 months

Heh for what its worth the hen below him was claimed to be an asian black as well :/
This is what my Asian Black cockerels look like.. I can’t say which one is “right” or “wrong”. I feel like there’s no consistency to them

Attachments

• DB4C09BB-D7CC-458F-965B-8C4E1CABED23.jpeg
    DB4C09BB-D7CC-458F-965B-8C4E1CABED23.jpeg
    959.3 KB · Views: 208
  • 12C86894-3B90-457C-ABE7-7634F9DF1400.jpeg
    12C86894-3B90-457C-ABE7-7634F9DF1400.jpeg
    413.3 KB · Views: 227
I have 4 of these pullets and 2 cockerels. All my default along with most of the people that have them lol. At what age did they start laying and what color/size are their eggs?

Thank you!
I have 3 young hens. They started laying around 24 weeks, rarely miss a day, and lay extra large up to enormous duck egg sized eggs. One lays an average colored brown egg, the others tend toward pinky brown, almost plum, some with darker specks.

Mine were pretty nasty until they started to lay, much better now. Average. Heavy bodied and lazy.

I have 3 young hens. They started laying around 24 weeks, rarely miss a day, and lay extra large up to enormous duck egg sized eggs. One lays an average colored brown egg, the others tend toward pinky brown, almost plum, some with darker specks.

Mine were pretty nasty until they started to lay, much better now. Average. Heavy bodied and lazy.
Awesome! Thanks! So far mine doesn’t seem nasty.. they def are lazy. My older RSLs keep them all in check - including the cockerels. I’m anxious to have them start laying to see what we get!

Back
Top Bottom